Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PELTIER WTF is it?

a) can you show us a pic
    b) stock hsf?
    c) you MUST live in canada or norther U.S.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

This is my standard reply to "what's a pelt." The Dan's Data links were supplied earlier.

IMHO, I would start with a start with a watercooled system first. Once you have it dialed in, then consider using pelts. Adding pelts to the equation without some basic watercooling experience usually just confuses things.

Some links on pelts to help you learn.

Applying Peltiers

Peltiers in Practice

Picking a Pelt

Marlow Design Guide

Peltier Info

Overclockers Peltier Section

Kryotherm Pelt
    Software
    Knowledge is useless, itís what you do with it that counts.

If the supercooled, overclocking crowd discovers how fast duallies feel, there will be a stampede to build SMP rigs that will make the California gold rush look like a few little old ladies pushing shopping carts at the supermarket.

le rigs...

i guess my real question is how does pelt fit into watercooling, and it seems that it really doesnt. More of an add on for freaks (i mean that in a good way) and is not nesscessary for WC to work.
    I thought that i was missing something from the WC setup if I dont get the pelt.
    Since I dont want to cool it that much, I'll just stick to WC and leave pelt alone........... for now.

because for peltier to work fully, the heatsink must be able to dispell (or relieve or some other word) three times the heat of the proc...and water cooling can because water cooling is normally the ambient temperature
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information