Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PELTIER WTF is it?

I am piecing together a watercooled system, and when I search throught the forums, i see PELTIER this and PELTIER that. but no pics. So what is it? and do I need it?
    this is what I am planning to put together
    Enheim pump
    reservoir in 5.25 slot
    switech mpc5000 cpu block
    radiator w. 120mm fan
    still looking into northbridge cooler.

so where would the PELTIER fit into this??

OMG OMG OMG thats almost EXACTLY what im gonna get in my new system but mayb a dual 120 CM radiator :P and http://www.xoxide.com/ininomandchi.html
    and i think peltier has somethign to do with cooling
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

You might find it hard to use a peltier with a water cooled rig as both systems use a heatplate of sorts to cool the processor.

The peltier is an industry name for a thermal electric cooler. It is basically a cold plate that is charged on one side. In theory, when one side is forced to get really hot, the other side will get really cold. It is a very cool means to work with, but sometimes the higher wattage peltiers have a tendency to just stop working on you (burning out)... and they tend to do this all of a sudden.

So you can see there are proc and cons to this type of cooling, but some folks swear by it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

so DONT use it with water cooling?

Actually one of the experiments that I want to try is mounting a peltier between 2 heatsinks (fan on the hot side one only) and usin' it to chill the water in an evaporative air cooler which has a radiator mounted in front for a water cooled PC which will hopefully eliminate condensation probs within the PC itself.

so... DO IT :P b.t.w did i mention i live my COMPUTER life by your (TweakTown's) advice :P

I will as soon as I get my shop goin' (officially) and a couple of rooms built in my garden shed.

So I dont need it since I am going the WC route, right?
    it seems to me like an alternative to WC rather than some sort of addition.

BTW in my initial descripiton (apart of getting the names wrong) I did forgot to mention that there will be tubing involved, hehehe: omg:

Nope it's not needed (as condensation will need to be looked at then) but the more liquid that ya system holds the better ya overall coolin' will be which is why those small self contained ones suck so much. :devil win

One way to use a peltier or TEC is to use a wc system to cool the hot side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information