Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Major newbie cooling questions...

no no i did set it to sensor 3 and still
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Did ya check out the mobo list there for which sensors to use and anyother little details? :?:

yeah, i know it sensor 3 cuz of speedfan + aidia + sandra it was set up all right im SURE of it but what the heck ill just stick with sandra + smart fan

nah ull be fine...dell takes into account of summer hea..eve outside at 130 my dell gx150 (yea i know only a cheapass 1ghzp3) doesnt have anyfans its on 24/7 and i have no stabilty issues...but my case has a boxything over the cpu that sucks case air from insiade and shuves it outside..very low cfm fan though i can barely feel the brease, anyway i got 2 opticals and 3 hdd's a gf4 and a tv card it works great..but, on the otherhand i know im pushign it and more fans are ALWAYS a help in a case

Ok, I yanked open my case (the side hinging on Dell cases can be so gay at times, the only thing that saves us are the plastic holders and hold hardware, my, those are easy to work with :D ), and it looks like I'm screwed : omg: . Primarily, I was wrong about the fans. I have a 70mm on my PSU, and a 90mm on my CPU. You're right zero, I do have that case over my cpu, but mine does suck out some air, but not a whole lot, and the fan is still noisey as hell! Also, my case has metal sheeting completely surrounding all of the hard ware (so it goes plastic outside, then metal inside), so that's gonna be a major b**** to cut through to put a fan into. On top of that, right next to my PCI cards is where my extra plastic holders are stored, so I might be able to take those out and put on a small intake fan there. Also, I have some more space right next to my PSU, but before my DVD-ROM, right next to the top of my case, I might be able to put one in there too. In both cases, I'd put in abot 40mm sized intake fans, cause as of now I have no intake fans. Also, about my CPU fan, will I need to install another 90mm? or can I get the Thermaltake Volcano 7+ which is a 70mm fan? Hope that helps a little more, I'm installing MBM right now, I'll get back with the readings as soon as I can. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Dude you bought a Dell :cry:

That he did but maybe next time he'll build one for himself.

yeah, my first computer was a HP, its all good

My first PC was an old 386. Then I moved to an IBM K6-2. Did some slight mods to it before junking it and built my current system. Ill tell ya, building your own is a world of diffenece. You finally get to experiance all the OCing and how simply putting something in wrong (HSF) can screw up everything. Its fun!

I figured your system had that wierd ducts thing that Dell slaps on thier PCs. Ive never played with one, but Im sure that you could remove it easily and slap in a 7+ if you wanted to.

heh the volcano 7+ should do nicely but if your still having problems make sure thermal grease is applied right then buy a new case and transfer everything

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information