Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azote or something...

I was talking with a friend of mine and he mentioned a chemical called azote or something asote, i cannot remember the name or the spelling. But this material is supposidly impetious to heat, its chemical structure will not accept heat keeping at like -40C at all times no matter what. Its in the car, in the airconditioning or something like that. What is it and why isn't it used in computers, is it condensation that is an issue or is it just no one thought of it or is it like chemically unstable (but then why is it in cars)
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I've never heard of it but yes condensation would be a high factor in a PC.

i would figure that, but think of it...it is constantly cold, it cannot get warm, i mean someone has to have a way to control the condensation b/c the benefiets are just to great, think about having no noise, somethign super small and haveing -20C degrees, im going to look into this and expiriment (this was one of my ideas for TT that i wanted to talk to mister tweak about)

do you think i should do something like put together a test system that i wont mind getting totally f***ed and like build a custom hs? (lap some copper and add this material on top and see what happens?

i've never heard of this subsance, but what about cost? Something like that may very well be expensive or you have to have a license to obtain it. And what about handling? You don't want to hold something that is -40 C in your bare hands.

You should probably do you homework on this material before you do screwing around with it.

edit: Azote is French for Nitrogen. you friend was probably refering to liquid Nitrogen. You don't want to be playing around with that =)

http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/periodic/N.html
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

i never heard of it either, and im into cars.....but maybe thats why my a/c isnt cold :laugh:

and nitrogen isnt in your cars system....

hi guyz, I am Greek and I read this thread just a few seconds ago.
    I must tell you that nitrogen is called "azoto'' in Greek so there isn't any doubt about asking the spelling or the use of it.
    it's sure that is the nitrogen. if you want further information i can give them to you.
    Also I must tell you that ''azoto'', is something that doesn't have life (''zoi'' in Greek is the life'').
    :D:D
    <html><font color=#0267ca>AMD ATHLON XP 1900+ Aircooled!</font></html>
    <html><small><font color=#01d73b>|MSI K7T266 Pro2RU|Asus V8440 Deluxe|Thermalright AX-7 with Thermaltake Smartfan|SoundBlaster live 5.1|Plextor16x10x40A|PioneerDVD 116|256mb DDR PC2100 Elixir|Ibm 60GB Ultra ATA 100|‘hermalTake HardCano II|Arctic Silver III|Temperature:Room-27oC,Cpu idle- 41oC,Cpu full load(on diode)-45oC,Mobo idle- 37oC,Mobo full load-38oC|4x80mm fans@3000rpm,1x40mm fan@5500rpm,1x cpu copper cooler@4400rpm|Total fans:8|8 fast usb|Floppy drive|WinXP Pro|pstn56K(forthnet)+isdn64K(otenet)|</font></small></html>