Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cooling problem

I have a 1,7 thoroubred cooled by Raptorcooler (speezer), cooper based and right now (1:44AM, after 1/2 day normal usage) CPUCool 9 active is reading 31c on board/ 44 CPU/47 power, aux. And those in a boath sides open midle 350W case whit an extra fan under the source. I have a ECS K7VTA3 vr 5.0 mobo, and those who mounted my first CPUFan used so much silicod that it touchet th organic PGA, and, with all my efforts, it remained easily gray-collored. Whitout CPUCooler in shows 2-3 C more, amd full loaded goes to 53-55 C. Is this normal for this CPU/ FAN/ oppen case? Usually CPU temp is highest ( now is 31/44/38 in CPUCool), showing that not the aerflow is the problem (it's alot of space inside). What do you guys think? Should I change again my CPUFan (i had a Titam un to 1,9 Ghz and 4-5C more)?
    Excuse my english.

did u use thermal grease
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Yes, the cooler camed whit a lair of white sillicon. I have silver-based silicon; should I try so?

I'm not familiar with CPU Cool 9 so I can't really say anything about this in particular, but your system temperatures seem to be a bit on the high side. Nothing that will damage components, but I wouldn't be happy with these temperatures in my own system.

That said, go ahead and get some temperature readings with the side panels on. If they go up by a large amount, then you are in serious need of some better case airflow. Modern cases are designed with this in mind and will actually cool better then if you remove the side panels.

Concerning your heatsink, while the Speeze variety isn't top of the line, they do a manageable job overall. Unless you decide to look into the dark arts of overclocking, your current cooler should work fine.

With regards to the thermal interface material, if you have a silver based goop lying around, use it. It has been shown that it is far superior to silicone based compounds.

Good luck. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information