Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: mobo temp

i'm lookin at some of the idle temps you guys are runnin at, and i swear you must be running them inside a freezer... but anyway, what is a normal idle range for a motherboard, mine bounces between 33 and 37... i feel like this might be a little too high

MSI KT3 Ultra with VIA KT333 Chipset

-K
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ @ 2.133ghz
    1024MB DDR pc2100
    GF4 TI4200 @ 275/564

Ur normal idle range will really depend on the room temperature, so its hard to say what urs will be. My idle CPU temp is ~29 C w/ a room temp of ~22C, so I suppose normal idle temps w/decent cooling should be less than 10C above ur room temp, but u don't reach dangerous temps until much higher than that, I believe u need at least mid 50's C to drastically shorten the life of ur proc :thumb:

well with recent mods to my processor fan my idol temp is around 39 or 40... never goes higher than 44 tho, so i guess i'm in the clear... wut i'm worried about though is the chipset/motherboard temp

-K
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ @ 2.133ghz
    1024MB DDR pc2100
    GF4 TI4200 @ 275/564

LoL, i hate when people compare temps b/c they never seem right...like I was reading a review and they got a palmoto core (spell check please;also palmotos run really hot) at 45C and they were like thats great...but i get 45C with stock and no thermal grease...uh the point: watch out when people say their temps to the smaller things i.e. airflow, etc
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

If ya case temp is within 6C or less (3C I find good) of the room temp then ya have pretty good airflow inside the case which is a must for good temps. Also if ya usin' the standard retail HSF then changin' to a good full copper HSF (better heat disappation) will bring those temps down even further (unless ya have bad case airflow then the best HSF in the world won't help ya).

how would you get case temps...is there a place you put it (i mean there are so many places in the case)
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Ok here's my setup. I have one of these suckers 'sucking the air off the HSF' With my lack of knowledge in aerodynamics, I am assuming all this does is just have a 'battle for air' w/ the HSF. Check out the setup I got here: My question is will a ducting mod benefit me at all? I would like to make my own, as I don't feel like dishing out 10 bucks for a thermaltake clear 1337 one . Details about how you created that ducting-beast would be greatly apprechiated :lips: .

EDIT: Lol I just realised that you have the clear thermaltake one also... FRIGGIN-DARN! :mad:
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

Yes that suckin' duct would deprive most HSF's for air thus increasin' the CPU's heat.

Thread Information