Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using the CoolerMaster XDream HAC-V81?

If you're main goal is noise, then you probably should have looked at one of the heatpipe CPU coolers that are available. When you use a mediocre fan on a heatsink, you will continue to get mediocre performance.

As to the question about the compound, you will not get any better cooling if you used the crappy white silicon that comes with most sinks. It is there to prevent lawsuits and doesn't generally work very well.

You bought a solid performing heatsink... it seems a shame to let it not reach its full potential.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Hmmm...yeah, I shouldīve bought a tube of the Arctic silver 3! : omg: :rolleyes: :o

If you are still interested in this cooler I bought one and tried it on a customers pc with a 2200+ tbred and it was about 46c under load. I get better results from my HHC-001 and a pali core XP and the dbs are about the same (at least to my ears). I found that the sink left a little to be desired. The finished bottom was more like a fine sand paper and the fan controller was nice, but I'm not sure that I would use it at anything less than half speed. Actually I couldn't really tell a difference in between the high and the medium speed as far as sound goes. Maybe it was bad?

Yeah I have this heatsink on my Athlon system. I got it as a interrim solution as I ran out of cash. Its not bad again I can't tell the difference between full whack and medium. Although the MSI monitor says its running faster. Temps aren't bad but I have stripped the comp as I need to sort the cooling out in the case before I let it run all the time.

What is the noise level of the X-Dream SE ? ie: How loud is it ? I run my V7+ at medium....
    SPAM Special Ops

I donīt have any personal experience, but my friend tried that standard model and said that it was VERY loud!! :rolleyes2 My previous cooler was generating about 37dB noise and I think that was LOUD, but the XDream (according to my friend) will be even louder!! :rolleyes2

just my :2cents: ;)

I have an Xdream (not SE). I have an AMD 1800XP (not overclocked...yet) and run the cooler at 3800RPM, doesnt make alot of noise. Performs great. I got mine for Ģ13. Never goes over 45 degrees unlike my old Silver Mountain Quiet 2. Word of warning, dont run it at 5000RPM, makes waaaaaaay too much noise and whines.
    Indeed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information