Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using the CoolerMaster XDream HAC-V81?

I have been thinking that because this XDream is extreamly cheap, I might replace my current CPU cooler with that. So, is anyone using this XDream and with what CPU? What kind of temps do you have?

What kind of temps could I reach with that XDream with my 2100+ Palomino? (not OCīd) (current idle 48C and stress 52-54C) :)

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=450

That is the link to the X-Dream SE (V83 model). It also has the results of the original X-Dream that you asked about. I'm still in the process of getting the remainder of the pictures uploaded from older reviews due to the server change, so the pictures of the original one aren't up yet.

One thing to consider, though, is case cooling. You can get the best cooler that money can buy but it won't do you any good unless you have adequate case cooling in place.

Just food for thought. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Heh! I have already read that specific review and I do have (or at least I think I have) a good case ventilation. One cooler sucks the air on the lower front and one exhausts on the upper back of the case. I also have a double fan PSU (if thatīs gonna help anything). :rolleyes: :cheers:

It sure would be nice to see the test results too in the review... :rolleyes: :thumb:

:laugh: :laugh:

BTW, does the cooler fit to my A7N8X motherboard? :?:

Hereīs my current cooler:

Yes, either of the coolers should fit your board. The clip is just a bit on the flimsy side, but nothing to really worry about unless you are constantly removing the HSF for whatever reason.
    My Toys

I like it because it has that 3.5inch front so you can control it easily than going into the case everytime you play UT2k3
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

THX! :cheers: :cheers:

BTW, if my current 70mm HSF produces about 37dB of noise @ 4800Rpm, will the XDream be louder or quieter with the same fan speed? What about if the XDreamīs speed is about 3000-3500Rpm? (medium speed) :?: :)

Is the SE an option over the regular?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

It will be roughly the same as far as actual sound outut, but I noticed that the tome was a bit lower pitched and wasn't quite as annoying.
    My Toys

I heard today from my friend, that the XDream is VERY loud (he was tested it), so I bought a Thermalright SK-7 heat sink with Enermaxīs adjustable (1000-3000rpm) fan. My idle temp is now about 44C and load temp 48-50C @ 3000rpm. I think I should also change my rear fan which spins about 2500rpm to the same kind of Enermaxīs model that I have on the front of my case and on the CPU. There is still (maybe) too much noise with that current rear fan!

BTW, does the silicon compound require a few days to reach itīs full conductivity? (like the silver compound) :?: :?:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information