Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SETI@home Data Server Status

i love how a supposed 10-15 minute outage lasted alsmot 2 hrs

Wiggo, you probably did, it started at about 1 am this morning

That's good as I'm only sendin' off units mid-morning and evening atm while construction is under way in the garden shed but things are warmin' up a bit. ;)

Ok, what the heck is THAT! I have no clue. Something to do with the brewing of beer maybe? :shrug:
    :-(

It's actually a home made "pot belly" stove made from 2 x 20" steel truck wheels, a plough disk, some extra 1/4" & 3/8" steel plate, some 6" dia. steel pipe and a 20' length of 4.5" galvanised steel water pipe as a flue plus a few other steel pieces. It was 8C outside today but a nice cosy 19C inside the shed. :D

Cute. I guess you're handy with a blow-torch or arch welder? Can't quite figure out the fuel source though. I don't see much in the way of ventilation.

Been wondering how winter's treating you. Bet you're comps are "happy" with the cool weather.
    :-(

The PC's are very happy atm as I've been able to keep the shop's temp at 10-15C with even my hottest runnin' in the low to mid 30C's though most under 30C.

About the stove, the red circle is the air intake adjustment (slots w/ slidin' metal shutter) with the green bein' the fuel hole and kettle plate and the blue arrow pointin' at the flue butterfly so it's also very economical on wood (or heat beads).

Resource full *******s you guys are down there! It sure isn't pretty but WTG Wiggo! Now when I get my shed built I will know exactly how I am going to heat it! It gets down to -10c here in the winter and since the forest is dead there is plenty of firewood!

Winter, huh?

Well we've had a couple of -10C mornin's here already and this one looks like it'll get close to that as well but the shed is a cosy 11C atm with that "pot belly" goin' (75' x 20' x 10' the shed measures, yeah the real estate's stats were out by a smidgen). ;)

I think the WU servers are down ATM. I cant get throuh at least

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information