Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SETI@home Data Server Status

Well it's still down. :tears:

Data Server Status
    The data server machine is currently down
    For the past 243 minutes, the server machine has been either powered off, taken off line, or is in the process of rebooting. Please try back again soon.

Well it is now 14:25 UTC and it is still down. They haven't even changed the Data Server Status page since the update at 08:15:00 (UTC) on 2003-12-03 as posted above by Wiggo! :tears:
    :-(

Finally some movement. :)
    Data Server Status
    The data server is up and running, but dropping connections
    Right now the data server machine is up, but not all clients are able to connect. This is due to our server being swamped with requests, and usually happens right after a server outage, or if there are greater network/database problems we are currently trying to fix. Please try connecting later.

Let's hope things get better from here on...

Well it's taken a few hours battlin' but I've finally got my lot back up to date.

Well, it's official:

"Last updated: 14:40:00 (UTC) on 2003-12-17

This web page gets updated automatically every five minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Data Server Status
    The data server machine is currently down
    For the past 8 minutes, the server machine has been either powered off, taken off line, or is in the process of rebooting. Please try back again soon.'

They were having problems about four hours ago, when I first checked this AM (Eastern Time). But apparently things have gotten worse.

:cry:

Things seem to be getting back to normal, even though the server status still states that connections are being dropped. :shrug:

SETI at Work and their TweakTown SETI@home Daily Statistics page is back too. They have the following statement on their home page:

17-Dec SETIatWork was inaccessible for 7.5 hours because of our Domain Name Servers failed to start up after our ISP took down the DNS server for a 15 minutes maintenance. We will set up a few backup DNS to prevent this from happening again.
    Funny, my ISP at home was off for a while early this morning too. :confused:

Last updated: 13:05:00 (UTC) on 2003-12-27
    This web page gets updated automatically every five minutes.
    Data Server Status

The data server process is not running

Right now the data server machine is up, but the process that actually serves the data is not running. This is probably because we're in the middle of upgrading the server software, or preparing for a quick reboot. These outages are usually brief (10-15 minutes). Please try back again soon.
    is it just me or does it seem as if the data server is going down more and more often?

well aside from the usual
    Data Server Status

The data server is up and running, but dropping connections
    they posted
    Data Acquisition Status

Disabled: We are currently turned off at Arecibo Observatory. This may be due to hardware maintenance or another project at the Observatory is transmitting (and we are purposefully shut off to avoid aquisition of data contaminated with large bursts of radio frequency interference).
    But i still cant submit any WUs :(
    Luckly i got 500more qued :D

News:

"February 13, 2004
    OUTAGE NOTICE. There will be a data server outage at some point between the hours of 08:00 and 12:00 UTC this coming Sunday, 2/15/2004. During this period our ISP, Cogent Communications, will be reconfiguring their core routers. It is unlikely that the outage will last the entire 4 hour period. "

So, if you can't connect, this is probably why.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information