Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SETI@home Addict Record Keeping

Have any of you fellow SETI@home addicts kept a record of your progress like this?

My only regret is that I did not start until I had completed 10 units.

Come on, out with it. Show us your craziest sign of S@H devotion. (Other than what you've already displayed in other posts, that is.)
    :-(

I will never understand people's obsession with SETI@home .... :confused:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

That was a nice construtive post. Right on topic.

To that comment, all I can say is: Who cares what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by elrado1
    That was a nice construtive post. Right on topic.

To that comment, all I can say is: Who cares what you think?
    There is no need to be rude, I was just stating my opinon...last time I checked, that was allowed at TT

If you care to enlighten me as to why so many people are obsessed with SETi, then I'm all ears...
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Hey minibubba, i think elrado1 is upset cause youre hi-jacking his thread, if you really want to know, just open a new one.

NE way. Looks like Im not the only one keeping track. I have a nice Excel file with all that. trying to update it once a day. than there is always the SETITeam, which is also saved daily to keep track of how the team did.

:Stands up:
    "My name is kane2g, and I have a problem with SETI"
    :laugh: :rofl:

Elrado1 stands up and says, "I have a problem with SETI." But then adds, "I'm not looking to be cured, though."

BTW, Its Wiggo's B'day today, his time. He & I share the same B'day, but it won't start for me for 9 more hours. So, for lack of a better method: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIGGO!

:group: minibubba.

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    NE way. Looks like Im not the only one keeping track. I have a nice Excel file with all that. trying to update it once a day. than there is always the SETITeam, which is also saved daily to keep track of how the team did.
    Do you save the SETITeam info as screen shots or some other method? One of my favorite methods of preserving such information is through the "Send Page by E-Mail..." operation, usually from work to home. The file is much more usable that way.

Re. Starting a new thread to enlighten the uninitiated to the world of SETI@home has merit. Let's give that one some thought.

SETITeam has a SAVE button.
    That way you can save it as a file, and than compare it as you progress or to "predict" the future rankings.

I have SetiTeam set to do a "Scheduled connection" every 24 hrs at Midnight EST. :devil win

Maybe I should revise the time to 8:00 PM EST, which would coincide with Midnight UTC.

I use SETIwatcha and it shows your SETlog in it, and well, I always am checking it, Notiicing my fastest w/u ever was 4:06:10
    slowest was 6:37:34 Ive been doing that since I started using SETI, i guess im officially addicted! :laugh:

Stands up,
    Myname is amd_man2003 and I have a problem with SETI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information