Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TT UD Team

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Is this the one that you had a disagreement with, Mr C? :?:
    Yes, I'm afraid so :(
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

right, i think I did read that. But that is a private grid AFAIK. If I'm going to switch DC clients, I'd prefer it to be to one that will have a more direct impact on type 1 Diabetes research. I support the ADA now, so I don't think there is much of a need to support UD's DC when it's going to something completely different.

Being diagnosed with any chronic, life changing disease can traumatic, and I know all to well what you are probably going though. But do yourself a favor and keep it in check, you'll thank yourself later. Trust me on this. :)

Mr C. what was it you didn't like about UD? I vaguely remember a thread about your dislike for something concerning UD, but I don't remember much.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thanks Mr. C, after looking over that I am content to stay with Folding@home for some time to come. There is plenty of room on our Folding team if you care to join us ;)

for Minibubba and VinnieVen: I'm also a type 1 diabetic . I was diagnosed over 16 years ago. things have come a long way since i was diagnosed Back then your typical glucometer weighed about 1.5 lbs and was about the size of a small thick notepad [one with at least 250 pages of paper in it]. Now they're the size of a beeper [and a small beeper at that.].

For those who have good medical plans you can get an insulin pump instead of having to give yourself shots. things have come a long way indeed.:)

I remember my first glucose meter...a OneTouch II ...about the size of at least 2 PDAs (including the case the damn thing was in), it took a large drop of blood and 45 sec to get a reading. Now I'm using the Onetouch Ultra...smaller than my last pager, only 15 sec and very little blood.

I had an insulin pump a few years ago, but me and it didn't get along very well so I'm back on shots (about 6 a day). Might just be me, but I really prefer the shots to the pump. Pumps have to go a long way before I ever think about going back. I'm still carrying too many scars from the last one...

I figured I was the only Type 1 in these forums, interesting to see how wrong I was.

:cheers:

I'm on 5 shots a day at the moment, and my glucose is all over the place, its damn annoying. I keep bottoming out on amounts that would barely touch me before. Just gotta keep fidling until i get what is right. I have the one touch ultra which isnt too bad. Fingers are starting to get a bit sore with little red dots all over the tips.

Of all the problems to get, at least diabetes is manageable. Just keep up with the shots and you're good to go. Thankfully I have a health plan at work so I don't have to worry about all the payments.

DigitalDD and minibubba, any history of type 1 in your families?

nope, I'm the only one. I've got a great-grandfather that had type 2, but that was is as close as it gets. From what I understand, it's only type 2 that is considered to be herditary these days.

Don't worry about your fingers, you'll get quite used to it in a hurry. You can also get lancet pens with a variable depth so it doesn't hurt so much all the time.

The variable depth is the one I have.

i've been looking for some software to put on my PDA, either of you know any software for tracking that is useful for palm os?

no I don't, sorry. I've got an old Palm IIIx and there isn't much available for it any more. I just keep notes in the notepad and put it all into an spreadsheet when I get home. But there is software you can get for your meter so you can upload whatever is in memory to your comp...but I really don't know of anything for a PDA :shrug:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information