Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TT UD Team

ok, thanks. I've found a couple for my palm IIIxe, just wasnt sure if u had anything I don't.

what did you find for the plam IIIxe?

more than likely it would work on my IIIx as well
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I'm not saure what the name of the program is that I've found. It's only a 15 day trial on it though. It has glucose, meal, insulin inputs as well as a database for different types of food. I'm sure by now u don't need the database, but for me it is good to use as most stuff I am uncertain about the amount of glucose they contain.

I'm gonna see how I like this one and If it dosent work then I will find a different one that suits my tastes.

a few links for u

thanks ...it looks like my spreedsheet does just as much as their software, so I think I'll stick with it :)

:cheers:

Quite right, I'm thinking this is gonna be more hastle then it's worth, but i'll see what happens.

I've found that the best thing for me is to take simple notes during the day (PDA or paper makes little difference) and just put the data into a customized spreadsheet (openoffice.org has a good one ;) ). I never really got the hang of those little paper log books, I always thought they were a pain to use right (not to mention you have to right really damn small if you need to make any notes). I occationally look for some good software, but I have yet to find anything that is better than what I'm doing now. But what ever you chose, stick with keeping records. Being able to see trends and patterns in your blood glucose is important.

wow Minibubba & VinnieVen 5 and 6 shots is a lot. makes my 2-3 shots seem a lot more tolerable. My doctor says I'm under pretty good control I average in the 120-140mg/dl range as a result he won't approve me for an insulin pump. No matter I doubt I could deal with an insulin pump with all the running around I do. its bad enough i have to carry around my medisense precision Xtra glucose monitor which is a nice manageable size [the whole case is smaller than a Palm III series in a case]. Only thing the Precison monitor lacks that my old one touch had was a PC uplink connector (looks like a headphone jack belive it or not) to send your glucose listing via serial port to you PC. [you could directly ldump it to a file change the extension of the file to CSV then copy paste into any fancy spreadsheet you put together to keep track of things.]

But it really is nice to know there are others out there in the same condition as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDD
    wow Minibubba & VinnieVen 5 and 6 shots is a lot. makes my 2-3 shots seem a lot more tolerable. My doctor says I'm under pretty good control I average in the 120-140mg/dl range as a result he won't approve me for an insulin pump. No matter I doubt I could deal with an insulin pump with all the running around I do. its bad enough i have to carry around my medisense precision Xtra glucose monitor which is a nice manageable size [the whole case is smaller than a Palm III series in a case]. Only thing the Precison monitor lacks that my old one touch had was a PC uplink connector (looks like a headphone jack belive it or not) to send your glucose listing via serial port to you PC. [you could directly ldump it to a file change the extension of the file to CSV then copy paste into any fancy spreadsheet you put together to keep track of things.]

But it really is nice to know there are others out there in the same condition as myself.
    I found a link last night with a wiring diagram on how to make those serial adapters, and am thinking I might give it a shot.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of the pump, having a needle in my side all the time is kind of sketchy, but I'm a ways off that right now.

I find myself needing to carry a backpack with all my stuff in it, extra pen tips, insulin, glucose meter, and some extra food. It's kind of a pain but I'm getting used to it.

*shivers at the thouight of having another pump...

That's something I don't ever plan to do again, but it does work really well for a lot of people. I don't really carry that much around with me unless I'm planning on being gone for a full day or more. Usually just an Insulin Pen, my meter in it's case with a few extra pen needles inside, and a small tube of glucose tabs. All of it fits easily into my pockets except for my meter/case. I always find it interesting how other diabetics handle it. :)

:cheers:

I don't expect that I will have to carry this much around with me forever but at the moment my levels are so strange that I can bottom out an hour after eating so I like to be prepared for everything. It's also a pain because I am eating 5 meals a day and am rarely athome so I need to bring everything with me for the road.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information