Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CLI Client - help please

Hi Guys

Ive recently joined our seti team and have just reached my first milestone of 100 wu's

I downloaded the CLI Client setup from elrado's post.
    I think that I followed the instructions however I still have the GUI Client up and running to complete my last wu on it.

Do I need to uninstall this to get the CLi Client to work?

I am hoping to get my time down to about 2.75 hrs, currently I am running seti on the two networked pc's at home and also on my daughters old and slow machine 1 hour down the road. If the cli Client runs that much faster I will change the other two to run it . My current time is about 3.2 hours on my pc and 6.4 on the network machine.

29) TROLLIE
    30) Clark Kent
    31) maximus7001
    These guys are my next targets using 3 pc's on CLI I hope to complete about 10-12 wu a day!

Wiggo is safe from me but im looking to get into the top 20

Johnerz

My Setup

P42.6 @2.6
    MSI 875p neo mb
    Corsair ddr400 twin 28256 mem
    wd800 hd
    Geforce 3 ti 500
    on board sound and lan
    xp sp1
    yamaha 2010 crdw
    dell 17 crt

Yes you need to removed the GUI version when installing the CLI, If you run both it will slow the comp down considerably as it will be processing 2 WU's at the same time.

Welcome to the team johnerz. It's great to see such enthusiasm and congrats on obtaining the 100 Unit certificate! :thumb:

CheeZmonZter is correct. Uninstall or delete the GUI version after it completes a unit before starting the CLI version.
    :-(

Thanks Guys, you make it all sound so simple. Ill get back to you after iv'e tried it.

hmm, Elrado seems to be using my page but on his server :confused:
    I guess you dont get the stupid popups, so its all good :thumb:

Affirmative. I, for one cannot access Geocities sites from work. Thought there may be others in the same boat. I discovered the popups are caused by two lines or so of text at the beginning of the page and two at the end. I guess they cause PU's coming and going! There is even text that says something about deleting the lines.

you're probably right about the code, but I got mozilla so it takes care of any popups that I need. I got geocities on there, so no more popups from them.
    They put in the code into the page after I upload it, so I got no controll over it.
    But I will keep in mind to let you know when I update something on the page, so that we both show the same one. :thumb:

Got It!

Thanks guys
    It seems to be working well.

Regards

johnerz

Good news. We'll be expecting to see your climb through the ranks progress more quickly now. Enjoy! :thumb:

Thread Information