Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there a virus that eats Seti WUs?

It seems that one of my systems is crunching WUs but when its time to submitt I dont get credit for them!!!! Is there a virus that can do this?????
    WTF is going on.
    I get the line that says.
    "Found data file. NO
    Found result header file. NO"
    than it starts to DL another WU.
    Whats going on? Im runnin 3.03 CLI and SetiDriver. Same versions as all my other systems!

I believe that is due to a work unit that was already completed and uploaded, but not replaced. That's been happening allot lately with the severely limited resources the Berkeley people seem to have at the moment. When you connect, the program replaces the missing WU(s) b4 uploading any completed WU's. The SETI Driver screen displays the quantity of units needing to be returned and the quantity of units that need to be filled. If they don't match, then you know you have the situation I've described. Happy crunching! ;)
    :-(

I thought that ya weren't bein' affected by the slow swapouts? :confused:

BTW with this, "Found data file: no. Found result header file: no.", the "no." means number. ;)

Well I know what you are reffering to elrado but this is different.
    I was watching the SETI Driver, and it said NTF 8 RTT 5
    Than it downloaded a WU. Than it started to DL another one and the screen changed to NTF7 RTT4
    DLed another one and NTF 6 RTT 3
    It filled out all the slots, but didnt submitt any of the completed WUs in!!!!!!

BTW Wiggo, I didnt think I had a problem cuz I never really watched all the WUs being submitted from Each system!!!
    So any thoughts on this??

I'm not familiar with the NTF 8 RTT 5, etc. codes you are referring to. Do they appear in the SETI@home client: i386-winnt-cmdline transmit status text box?

Are you running another casheing program in addition to SETI Driver?

BTW, you may want to switch to ver. 3.08 of the CLI client. Although it does not make any difference with regard to the swapping probs.

I think heres reffering to RTF as Ready to FIll, and RTT as Ready To Transmit

Geez! Of course amd, thanks.

Kane, I think what you are observing is just a result of the confusion that results from the irregular UL'ing and DL'ing of the WU's. Unless there is some sort of a flaw in the SETI Driver coding. Remember there is a 3 minute refresh rate on the SETI Driver window. That may have something to do with it. :confused:

I sure hope so. I dont want to redo THAT system. It is my fileserver!
    I guess I better start backing up tho. I dont want to loose all that data. :snip:

OK, So I went on searching for answers to the Seti issue that I had. I went to overclockers.com and found out that most farms use both SETIDriver and SETIQue to store WUs. Pretty much store WUs in Driver for one day and store a week in SEITQue.
    I decided to do the same thing.
    I was amazed how simple it is.
    Now I system uploads all WUs.

Here where this gets really interesting.
    I submitted some WUs and saw that the faulty system (named Bishop) has all the units highlighted in red.
    At first I thought it was just cuz maybe they were old. So i deleted all the folders and put in 7 new WUs.
    To my surprise I just saw another WU in red. I just checked and it says "Last upload status Program modified" And also on top it says "Result was dropped"
    I checked all the other WUs from Bishop and they alll say that!!
    All the other systems say. "Last upload status success"

So I just replaced the SETIDriver and CLI file. Have wait for another WU to finish to see what happens.
    So what gives? WHO/WHAT modified my SETI files?
    I know I had msblast worm but other than that, the system is clean. NO spyware. I checked it with both Norton and AVG viruses and they are all good!
    Hopefully this will work now and submit good WUs. Will let ya'll know when a WU finishes.
    Till then cross yer fingers for me.

Heres a pic of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information