Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's faster, Intel or AMD?

Here's an interesting read of a review at HEXUS.net, as posted on the SETI@home home page.

"News Septmber 23, 2003 Who's faster, Intel or AMD? Benchmarks of SETI@home on various current CPU chips are here."
    :-(

well done amd :thumb:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

quote:
    "Loading the work unit into cache is a tremendous help to overall performance"

Then I wonder how the Intel EE would run seti.. :eek:

From Tom's Hardware: The Intel v. AMD Performance War: You Lose. A column some may find interesting.

"Is the enthusiast community being taken for a ride in this latest round of the CPU wars? Does AMD want enthusiasts to give it an interest free loan while they wait for 64-bit computing to go mainstream? Has Intel lost the PR battle before it has begun? Only a few hours remain before the launch of the Athlon 64 and the P4 EE, and we're wondering whether we got here for the right reasons. "

When I saw the post I thought this would be a flaming war from the word go, but those are some nice links you provided:thumb:
    "Make FPS, not war"

Mmm. I assumed Hexus was using Intel's EE Pentium. But they didn't. That explains the gap between the FX en P4
    "Make FPS, not war"

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Then I wonder how the Intel EE would run seti..
    Can't wait to find out either. The L2/3 cashe definitely won't be a hindrance. The difference will come in their math processing capabilities.

Originally posted by Nosferatu
    [B]Mmm. I assumed Hexus was using Intel's EE Pentium. But they didn't. That explains the gap between the FX en P4
    I'm sure they didn't have a sample in their hot little hands, otherwise they would have.

Ya's may like to check this review out then which this chart comes from.

Thanks Wiggo. I've been wading through that review, but had not gotten to that chart yet. Looks like there is something there for both factions. Realistically, however, I think Intel has clinched the title in this arena.

Well while I was in Sydney I went to the PC Markets there and grabbed a 2.4C and ASUS P4P800Deluxe just to see if I could do better than the 2hr av. the XP2600+ @ 2.26GHz turns in but also it should be the 1st PC put together in the new PC workshop (I hope it does a hell of a lot better than the 2.4B did and I don't get it online b4 the workshop).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information