Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BOINC SETI@Home

I think so, as it seems unlikely that they would create another point based system only to wipe the stats clean.

I'll just wait for my email from Berkeley as stated by the BIONC Transition Plan and "All current SETI@home teams, and their membership, will be copied over to SETI@home/BOINC".

This is from the BOINC Beta Test Getting started page:
    "Credit
    The project's server keeps track of how much work your computer has done; this is called credit. To ensure that credit is granted fairly, BOINC works as follows:
    Each work unit may be sent to several computers.
    When a computer reports a result, it claims a certain amount of credit, based on how much CPU time was used.
    When at least two results have been returned, the server compares them. If the results agree, then users are granted the smaller of the claimed credits."

So, we should not be too worried about getting points in this Beta Test. Also, the points and the teams are TEMPORARY in the Beta Test. See the
    Instructions for participants in the BOINC beta test for particulars.
    :-(

It seems from posts on the Boinc forums that, they have zeroed the credits on the beta twice in the past so who knows they might do it again!

well if the credit is only there until the beta testing is over, i'm gonna go back fully to the old seti until this one comes out of the beta stage

Pending credit: 465.00
    it was down to low 300s
    Looks like its time to keep on waiting

We're into the Top75 for Avg Recent Credit

Top 200 on Total Credit

:cheers:

now imagine if all of our pending credit actually came thru and wasnt stuck at the slower persons computer time, and if I had all my comps online with this

Quote Originally Posted by CheeZmonZter
    now imagine if all of our pending credit actually came thru and wasnt stuck at the slower persons computer time, and if I had all my comps online with this
    I'm yet to convert my moms P4 1.8 to BOINC, and it's looking like I'm gonna have a 2.8C and a 2.8C Prescott to put on it as well :D

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information