Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: BOINC SETI@Home

What will happen to my workunit totals?

Because of this change, SETI@home/BOINC accounts will have separate old and new work totals. The old total is the workunit total from the current SETI@home. It won't change, and a section of our web site will show the final leaderboards based on old work totals. [b]New work unit totals will start from zero.
    The TT BOINC team will have a lot of members with zero points. Many more than the seven we have now. Of course, our team will not be unique.
    :-(

well, i still havent found a place that says BOINC BETA will be reset once "official" BOINC is released. When I switched to BOINC, I did start from zero. Only time will tell I guess :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    well, i still havent found a place that says BOINC BETA will be reset once "official" BOINC is released. When I switched to BOINC, I did start from zero. Only time will tell I guess :shrug:
    Click on the Instructions link found on the BOINC Beta Test page.

There you'll find:
    Warnings
    The purpose of this project is to test and debug BOINC. Therefore:
    All accounts and teams are temporary, and may be deleted at any time.
    Computational results are not being recorded.
    The security-related features of BOINC are being tested; there may be a security risk to participants. Do not participate in this project using computers that contain sensitive data or are mission-critical.
    The format of state files and output files may change.

i still read MAY, now WILL.
    :shrug:

I'll stay where I am atm till the official changeover and then make a decission when the time comes.

hmm, u got enough firepower to catch up to us quickly. Hell once you;re on the team, we will be doing a lot better!!

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    i still read MAY, now WILL.
    :shrug:
    I commend you on your knowledge of the English language. : omg: :rolleyes2
    However, I’m hanging my hat on “All accounts and teams are temporary…” and “Computational results are not being recorded.” Therefore, I’ll not be taking the BOINC Beta credits too seriously. : peace2:

This is weird: Total credit 797.68 / Pending credit 797.59 (Out of about 34 pending results.) :?:

PS. Our team is 40th in Recent Average Credits & 137th in Total Credit. :thumb:

March 6, 2004
    I would like to announce the BOINC Alpha Test project, the purpose behind the Alpha project is to provide a better level of quality assurance by running the software on a few more machines than we have access to in our lab for the BOINC software. You can check out how we are doing by visting:
    http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/boinc_alpha
    Rom
    I trust it's a good sign that he didn't call it BOINC gamma... ;)

Our team is 30th in Recent Average Credits & 100 th in Total Credit. :thumb: :thumb:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information