Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad Day for the TT SETI@home Team

01001101 Guest

If you think that's bad, just check out the Folding@Home team. Not only did the entire team get up and move, but they took the team number with them too. :laugh:

That's what Tweak got for changing forum software without telling anybody the first time. We didn't just take both teams with us, we took most of the forums with us. I'm one of very few that still post here.

01001101 Guest

just because the software changed? that seems awfully petty.
    In fact, from the threads I've read, it seems the change in software, in reality, had little to do with the mass exodus of so many people. Are you just trying to make them sound shallow on purpose?

You are correct 01001101 ... there was much more to the mass exodus than simply a change in the software here. For myself the time to leave came when the forum owner stated that if the forum members were not happy with what he was doing then they could go ... no discussion. The total lack of respect for his unpaid moderators (in that they were kept in the dark reguarding all changes and the fact that he did not even have the decency to respond to their e-mail queries in a timely and respectful fashion) also had a lot to do with the situation. Don't get me wrong ... this is his site and he can do with it as he likes ... but some respect was prolly owed to the loyal forum members. A few of us do return from time to time .... mostly just to see if the place is still alive.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

And it is... still alive.. Kinda.. ;)
    I've gone way too far and need to move on!

Default Re: Sad Day for the TT SETI@home Team

Barely..........
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHZ 533FSB
    1024MB PC-3200 DDR-SDRAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    Foxconn 865-PE6LS Motherboard
    Western Digital WD400BB 40GB, Western Digital WD600BB 60GB Hard Drives
    POWTEC Demon 480W PSU
    Dell UltraSharp 18001FP 18" LCD Monitor
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Default Re: Sad Day for the TT SETI@home Team

Some disgruntled members I see.

Angry Re: Sad Day for the TT SETI@home Team

I can deffinately say that im disgruntled... Im no postal worker or anything but im disgruntled. Not because of this site or anything, or the forums... Although there used to be a lot more people showing up and posting stuff...(my email was always full of responses), but im deffinately pissed off, but not because i dont get email. I just like being pissed off all the time.

you suck.

ha ha ha.

No seriously, you suck.

Just kidding.

No im not.

Hey, speaking of sucking...how do you add the smilies? They dont seem to be included in the reply section... That sorta bites, i liked adding smilies to my posts. Too many things have changed with this site. The tweaktown site in general has too many ads, the functionality of these forums has gone down the tubes..although theres a few things i like, but more things that i miss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information