Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Submitting my resignation

I was just asking - I hope he's not leaving :( :cry:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

if he does leave i think it will only be the TT UD team

I certainly hope so
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    DVD: LITEON x 16
    CDRW:LITEON 52x32x52
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    When United Devices announced the project to cure Anthrax I simply thought it was a seperate program.
    Thanks to DigitalDD for informing me of my misconception:)

I looked at the seperate panels of the UD Agent window lots during the course of the project, and for some reason I never noticed the "Microsoft.net" sponsorship, until it was brought to my attention. The news articles I saw referring to the Anthrax Project did indeed state that M$ was a sponsor.

Now I am aware that Microsoft has an office in Arizona which recieved an anthrax infected letter, as well as anthrax being a direct threat to the US government.
    I had no idea Billy G was involved in this, Damn his evil empire. May I make s suggestion Mr.C? Parabon has a distributed computing project going on dealing with cancer research.

you can find out more at: http://www.parabon.com/

There's also Folding @ Home: http://folding.stanford.edu/

I just unchecked the Anthrax rearch option and updated my profile, hopefully they will honor my wishes. I never let them use my PCs for their web acceleration tests from the start....:no:

But look on the bright side maybe the Prabon project or Folding might stir up your interest again... ;)

Thanks for the linkage DigitalDD, perhaps sometime I shall give it some research time. For the time being though I kinda' feel kicked in the teeth. Not quite ready to throw my hat back in the ring -- my faith in such projects has taken a huge hit. Not really sure if I have any left actually.

I started the project with the best of intentions. Never signed up for the cash prizes when UD offered them. Just wholeheartedly placed my limited resources at their disposal for what I thought at the time was a worthy cause.
    There was never any promise we would find a cure, but it was neat to try. You hear so much negativity towards the internet in the news; hacker, security holes, online predators, fraud schemes, etc. I couldn't help thinking "Wouldn't it be great if we could show the world the amazing potential the internet has to make the world a better place to live.".

Well, it wasn't a bad thought at the time. I still think it could be done.

And now for news that may prove rather disturbing to some of you --- I have no intention of leaving the TweakTown community.
    I was a frequent (daily at least) viewer of the TweakTown site long before I became a forum member. Participating in this forum has added much to the experience. Actually, this is the first forum I ever participated in. (What can I say, I'm a late bloomer.)
    I have had some interesting converstions with you good people, not something I would find easily replacable. I have learned much during my time here, both from the forum regulars as well as the occasional passers-by. I have strived to be a worthy member of this community. To contribute when I am able, and to give support and freindship in the same good-natured spirit I found here when I arrived.

Who in their right mind would give that up? Be about as easy as giving up chocolate ice cream or cookies.

During the 10+ months I participated in the United Devices project I happily gave my computer over to the project for the most part.
    Now that my participation has ended, I feel rather freed to pursue some projects that are admittedly a bit more selfish.
    The week before I began UD, I purchased B-17 Flying Fortress. I had anxiously followed the development of that software for 2 years, and it is one of a select few (3 actually) pieces of software that I paid full price for.
    I have a Great-Uncle who was a pilot of one of those historic behemoths of the air, and I would consider it quite an honor to, in some small way, perhaps share some of the experience that he endured in real life. In the few hours I was able to examine what it had to offer, I was left with the impression that it is indeed a rather awesome simulation. I am anxious to devote some time to it.
    Additionally, I have purchased American McGee's Alice and Independance War: Deluxe Edition. Being as I already own the original American release of Independance War I know without doubt that at least one of those titles rocks!
    (at this time I would like to recommend Independance War to any of you interested in space games. It may run under 256 color, and run like a champ on a 200Mhz system with 64Mb's of RAM, but in no way should you consider it out-dated. A great game is still a great game. And with the physics involved in navigation, it is actually often referred to as a simulator.)

I have a rather large project in mind for my system, and would like to use you folks as a sounding board, so tell me what you think of it.
    I have for several months been considering building a new system. But money is tight ATM.
    Instead of doing that, I am seriously considering diving head-first into the world of Linux.
    Consistently I hear how much better a PC runs on it instead of Windows. (That would make it just like an upgrade to the PC wouldn't it?)
    The only thing I would need to get going is a huge download. LOL
    And at some point in the future, a hardware modem. Not neccesary to begin with though.
    I am not sure if my 8GB HDD works or not, I was having some serious issues with it before getting my 20GB.
    However, I low-level formatted it last night, and tested it using the manufacturers utilities. They show nothing wrong with it.
    Be a bit "iffy" perhaps, using it for Linux, but worth a shot.
    Additionally, I am considering devoting a chunk of my webspace to a "Linux diary" per se. Where I would document in detail my adventures, where others could come to see what I have done (both right and wrong) and perhaps learn from it. And if things go well, perhaps it might help them decide to take the plunge along with me.
    Truly, I know nothing af any value about Linux at this time. So any way it turned out, it would just be an account of a moron attempting to cut the cord with Microsoft.

I've currently got 3Mb's to spare, and can get more without to much pain.
    What do you think - good idea, or just another lame personal page?

I'm just thinking out loud about the website, but I really do want to make an honest effort to give Linux a chance.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Beefy Guest

YAY! He's staying!

Three cheers for Mr C

Hip Hip *hooray*
    Hip Hip *hooray*
    Hip Hip *hooray*

Good to see ya coming back from the brink.. :thumb:

Thank You Beefy!

your payment, in small-unmarked denominations, has been deposited into the offshore account, as specified in our agreement
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Beefy Guest

excellent.... *taps fingers together*

Well it will be nice to see you, even if it is only an occasional visit Mr C, by the way occasional means at least one post a day you know, we want to keep in touch ;) please don't be a stranger.........still gotta talk to your missus as I do want to catch up on any gossip, not to mention blackmail opportunities ;)

LOL any more than 1 per day as long as some of mine have been lately, and I'll have carpal tunnel.

What is with you Leo's -- always seeing blackmail opportunities where none exist? (me for instance:laugh: )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information