Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Driver Needed for Sony Memory Stick Reader

Just reformatted my machine and I am apparently one driver short of a full working system. I cannot get the USB Memory Stick Card Reader pictured here to function. Windows XP is recognizing the things as a Memory Stick Reader, but it refuses to find a driver. It looks at the online database for about 1.2 seconds and then tells me that it cannot install the device.

If anyone out there can help me with this thing I would appreciate it. This reader is really great, but it needs a driver to be worth anything to me. There are no serial numbers or markings other than the label on the top that can help me. If anyone recognizes this reader please help me out and direct me to a driver.

Thanks Everyone
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port? I've had this happen before, where one port won't recognize a device and yet another port will.

XP supports the reader natively and no drivers should be needed.

I've tried all 6 USB ports on my machine, but I've had no luck with that.

Generic drivers available somewhere?
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

The reader itself isn't faulty is it? Have ya tried it on another PC? :?:

Thread Information