Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help! Nv driver update went bad.

Hi all. Here's my problem. I went to update the Nforce2 drivers for my Epox8rda+ and now it won't boot. I get the message that my System32\Drivers\nvatabus.sys are missing or corput and to boot from the cd to repair. What do I do once I get in to the recovery console. I tried chkdsk /p but, it still won't boot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Anti

P.S. I uninstalled the previous drivers through the CP first.

How did you manage to post, if you cant boot up? Did you update from windows update?

Oh well it's over now. Had to reinstall. Repair installation didn't work either. It had been about 48 hours scince I installed any way. So I was due. LOL.
    As for your question. I was on my game server when I posted earlier. I got the update from Nvida. Sorry about the bad title on the first post. Tried to edit but, nothing seems to be going my way. Should have read "Nforce" not "Nv".
    Anybody know where I screwed up I'd still like to know. Drivers installed OK this time but, with the new IDE driver I lose my DVD. So I'm using MS's driver. Still faster than my VIA chip set BTW.

Thread Information