Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SM Bus Controller driver

I just reformatted my Hddrive and thus reinstalled windows XP.. Everything came up fine in device manager with the exception of "SM Bus Controller". I have tried my window's disk, mobo disk, and like every driver disk i could find, and i cannot find a driver for this device.

First of all, WHAT is a "SM Bus Controller" exactly, and where can i find a driver to it?

Thx~

Sounds like you forgot to install your nVidia nForce drivers. Though I can't tell you what exactly the SM Bus COntroller, it is only on the nForce boards that I have seen so far. Try downloading v2.03 from the nVidia site and it should fix everything up for you.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I tried downloading the nforce 2.03 just now and i cant get it to install for some reason. Right after the InstallShield Wizard does its thing, i get an error message:
    __________________________________________________ __
    "The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed. IKerenel.exe could not be copied to C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Engine\6\Intel32. Make sure that you have the appropriate privelages to copy files to this folder."
    __________________________________________________ __
    WTF?~ I tried this same driver install on my other computer and i got the same result, and i tried an older version of the same thing on both computers and got the same result. I also had no problem installing the GeForce drivers off my new video card cd, and that uses InstallShield... so whats the deal???~

None of my PC's has this controller but I think that now would be a good time to state ya full hardware details.

I'm running an Intel Pentium4 1.8ghz..
    From another post.

U need to download or install the .inf update from intel.

here is the link to the asus download.

WOW~ that file actually worked! lol.

Thanks for the link man =)

of course it worked... :D

cheers

Default Re: SM Bus Controller driver

I have an ASROCK K7S417GX Motherboard. I have the same controller in my device manager and it fails to install it also.

I have searched the internet for drivers for this controller and so far i have found nothing other than related nVidia card drivers which i dont have, i run an ATI Radeon 9200 256mb card.

Any help you can give me for this would be appreciated, im also loosing sound after around the first 1minute of audio playback each time the pc has booted and logged in... any ideas on that????

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: SM Bus Controller driver

Hi I'm running AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.16 GHz system. I've look all over for this SM bus controller/ Ethernet controller for my hp. I am unable to run my internet on my main computer without these drivers. Need help! Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information