Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: driver signing in XP Pro (Merged threads)

can any1 tell us which are the correct upto date drivers that xp will accept. i have even tried international drivers from nvidia. the drivers form the asus site no longer have the v8460 ultra deluxe. they do have the td. the xp drivers are not compatible driver signed form manufacturer on the disc that came with the card. i just uninstalled the old driver and installed the new 45.23 from asus. now when i try opening geforce ti 4600 in advanced desktop settings. it says CASTASTROPHIC FAILURE. when i ran the setup for this 45.23 it asked me do you want to overwrite certain files, should i even though they are older? i get confused because i have a a7n8x deluxe mobo and my graphics and everything went down the other day when i tried to repair the nvidia nforce sound and unistalled the nforce audio. is this anything to do with it? the agp mini drivers for mobo and agp gart drivers for card. i think my comp is in a mess if i uninstall the nvidia utilities for mobo now i think i will lose chipset, lan agp sound drivers and stuff. SOMEONE I NEED HELP PLEASE?

also i would just like to add i am (apparently)
    using 400mhz Winbond dual channel 512 mem. but my system runs for ever stable in windows doing anything multimedia but it crashes when i run PCMark2002 nad maybe when i run games. i am using default xp directx 8.1. i figured there would be no point donwloading directx 9.0 as my graphics card doesn't support teh new features. why cant i run this claimed mem that should run at 166 at 133 even at the proper 1.72 gig my processor runs at. Or why won't my system or cpu let run at this speed. shouldn't it bee a breeze with this mobo surely?
    Lian LI PC60
    (2 intake 80mm ADDA/3
    exhaust 80mm ADDA)
    EG465P-VE Enermax Dual fan PSU 465watt
    Asus A7N8X Dx ver2.0 C1007 latest bios
    AthlonXp 3200+ Barton
    Xms Corsair 3700PT TwinX paired 2x512@200mhz
    200mhz X 11.0 = 2.205GIG
    creative audigy 2
    Asus V8460 U Ti 4600 Dx
    CPU full load 28C
    Case full load 24C
    Western D HDD 120gb
    XP Professional current best- crap
    11682 marks=xp best performance settings @ 2500+ 166mhz x 11.0X = 1.83GIG

1/ Havin' M$ signed off drivers is NOT a requirement and I've never used any that were plus usin' the manufacturer's drivers are not a necessity either (plain Dets or ForceWare drivers should be enough for the video card).
    2/ Ya sig states that ya have both Infineon 512mb PC2700 and Maplin 512 PC3200 memory, that is a big no no if this is so, the memory modules must be the exact same make and model for compatibility and stability (likely the main source of your probs).
    3/ No matter what your card is the lastest version of DX9 won't hurt ya system.
    So here's likely ya fix, either get another memory module that exactly matches one of the ones that ya already have or sell them both and get a pair that are perfectly matched (this will likely get the CPU up to speed and stable). Then format the hard drive and reinstall everything (XP 1st, then SP1 if your version of XP doesn't already have it, then the mobo drivers, then video drivers and then anything else ya require) as likely you have quite a few system files that maybe corrupted due to the mismatched memory. Also to get better scores with XP turn off all the candy eye galmour that goes with the standard XP install (system properties/advanced/performance settings and click "Adjust for best performance" which will automatically pull up Windows Classic settings but the normal Windows XP look can be put back under the display properties, less the performance sucking candy eye details).

you mean switch off (untick) the check boxes in system - advanced - performance. I noticed the page filing was set to use around 1560. so sis sandra soft detected. i set it to the recommended 766, xp is using 767. i also labled the hard disk. thanks for the tips wiggo
    Lian LI PC60
    (2 intake 80mm ADDA/3
    exhaust 80mm ADDA)
    AthlonXp 3200+ Barton
    200mhz X 11.0 = 2.205GIG
    creative audigy 2
    Asus V8460 U Ti 4600 Dx
    CPU full load 28C
    Case full load 24C
    Western D HDD 120gb

Wiggo i just wanna make sure of this. WHy is it that the drivers from nvidia and asus both just don't seem to work properly, when i extract and run the setup files. the system reboots, when i look in advanced desktop settings "Castastrophic Failure" what does this mean. how do i clean this up without affecting the nforce2 drivers for mobo. a few days ago i uninstalled the audio drivers for mobo, because nforce2 control panel won't work or appear in taskbar. i tried to update the drivers in system. the computer suddenly rebooted. i lost agp host to pci bridge or something in system devices. my 43.25 graphics drivers failed. is this because i ran the nforce2 mobo driver all in 1 install and it asked me to overwrite certain files, of which i said yes to, or should i say no. ok so since two days ago, i realised that the audio driver was still enabled in the bios. i disabled it, and the audio drivers uninstalled. i took my whole system apart yesterday cleaned the components and fan filters, but it back together took some pci firewire and usb ports not using, graphic card has more air to breath and i finally mastered theb est tidy cable positioning ive ever managed. im now using the audigy card YES AGAIN. in the last PCI slot. see i like to you everything then you can get a better idea on my problems. i find it hard to understand confuse myself with asus mbo and video card. overwrite this and that. agp mini drivers or something
    Lian LI PC60
    (2 intake 80mm ADDA/3
    exhaust 80mm ADDA)
    AthlonXp 3200+ Barton
    200mhz X 11.0 = 2.205GIG
    creative audigy 2
    Asus V8460 U Ti 4600 Dx
    CPU full load 28C
    Case full load 24C
    Western D HDD 120gb

Ok I merged the threads as really only one is need.
    As to ya question I'm really not sure what's goin' on here and I've never come across this problem b4 but was all this done on a clean install of Windows or were ya just tryin' to update ya drivers? How old is ya system and have ya been upgradin' hardware? Is your Windows install a carry over from another system?
    But as I stated earlier the mismatched memory could be causin' errors which could be the root of all ya probs or it could also be the way in which the system was actually setup in the 1st place. The only way out for you that I can see atm would be to take out 1 of the memory modules and reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything again as I outlined previously and yes some files will need to be overwriten but one this is that I've never used a separate soundcard in an nForce2 mobo b4 as I've never found it necessary though reset it up without the Audigy 1st and later and when finished disable the onboard sound and then install the Audigy. Maybe even havin' the 2 soundcard enabled at the same time may have caused all this but I'm really not sure. Maybe even the drivers that ya downloaded were corrupted. :shrug:

right. i formattedhard disk and put a clean install of xp on the system about a month ago. at that time i had put my 512mb 166mhz 2.5 2700 infineon memory module in ddr blue twinbank dimm 2 and the 3200 333 mhz 512 2.5 memory module in dimm 3. its after i have installed xp that i find it confusing. i firstly go into the bios and change pci to agp boot. the processor i know is at default set to 100mhz but it just optimises the memory to run with the processor, but it doesn't say what speed the mem runs at. i leave that for now, meanwhile i save settings like enabled bios shadow and video shadow, 8x agp is set to enabled by default. i save bios settings and exit rebooting windows. i insert the mobo nforce2 disc and autorun i click nforce2 series 44.04 all in one. everything seems to run fine when i restart teh machine. no problems with twin lan, pci, usb, chipset and south, north with nforce dolby. ok for a couple of days everything runs fine just installing certain windows updates and putting the patches fixes for bigf blast and welchia etc.. general computer use. however i decide that i want my graphic card drivers installing. but when i try installing them from the factory disc version 28.32b. everything seems to be ok, but before installing xp tells me that the drivers are not signed and logo testing is not manufacturer certified and stuff. but after rebooting machine for effects to take place, i find the 800x 600 res and no geforce ti 4600 properties tab with direct3d and opengl settings. antialiasing. is not there. its just basic windows xp says ti 4600 but no controll over anything. whats all this about overwriting files while it installs. do some of the grpahic card drivers conflict with nforce2 mbo drivers? if so i don't no whether to click yes overwrite files that are newer than the older ones on the system. do you now see what i mean? so i try to uninstall 28.32 which appears in add remove programs. i reboot and search on asus website to find some more upto date drivers. and the same thing happed to some certain revisions i downloaded, i tyhink they must of been corrput, and in turn that must have done some damage to some files on my machine. but its all confusing. i have now downloaded and found the new 6.14.10 53.03 from nvidia. i have made it now really clear the exact actions i have taken. at this very momen my system runs at 100 optimal default processor speed optimised by bios, and because the memory is also running AT OPTIMAL NORMAL, I CANT SEE what speed the front side bus is. but when im running my system like this, the processor seems to be detected as a 1500+ xp running at 1.29gig and 512 meg mem. i took the infineon out. as when i tried to run it with the currently in 400 mhz stick. machine forze and gave be blue screens with memory error reading messages. i took the 400 out i thought it was faulty. and it runs fine with just 333 infineon. however i took it out a few days ago and placed the 400 mhz stick in dimm 2 instead. and i get a beep and eferything runs fine. the mem can't be faulty. then i looked in my asus a7n8x book last week. i realised that i had place the two mem modules in the wrong dimms putting the 333 infineon before 400mhz. i tried 333 in dimm 1 and 400mhz in dimm 2. in the book it says not to put the two ddr modules in dimm1 two. but the system still runs fine. after this big mistake i hope i haven't damaged mobo. in the book it tells you that the modules must be inserted in socket 1 + 3, 2 + 3 or 1 + 2 + 3. i can't believe i could of been such an idiot. anyway i need to more about memory cas latence and what the best settings for my mem should it be registered ecc or whatever i don't understand i need it explaining to me. im sure i must be able to get my system running stably at even 133. the processor should run at this = 1.72 gig speed. So wiggo i know there is a lot here but this is exactly what happened, the complete actions i took. last week i told you that took my system apart to clean and dust the filters and the case and components. its all back together and in the same condition as ive explained to you.
    Lian LI PC60
    (2 intake 80mm ADDA/3
    exhaust 80mm ADDA)
    AthlonXp 3200+ Barton
    200mhz X 11.0 = 2.205GIG
    creative audigy 2
    Asus V8460 U Ti 4600 Dx
    CPU full load 28C
    Case full load 24C