Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sis Xabre 400

Has anyone out there used this card? I have a Triplex Sis Xabre 400 and have had some minor problems with the drivers- e.g. in some games it becomes the crash-a-matic. The problems won't happen with all games, and it will sit in windows happily for hours, but when you start the wrong game it WILL crash, normally within 5 minutes.

The worst games for it were GTA-Vice City, Morrowind and NFSHP.
    Funnily enough, GTA3 was O.K. (ramdom crashes, but not to many) AvP ran perfectly and Serious Sam never crashed.

I did try looking for a patch for the 'bad' games, and never did. The games work fine- if I take out the Xabre, and install the GF 4MX 440, none of these games crash.

I have tried various drivers, Triplex's own (original, 3.06 and 3.11) and Sis reference (3.06, 3.07 and 3.10). I think I have tried others, but can't remember what version they were, and lost them during a format/reinstall.

The most annoying thing is that the original drivers I got with the card are (as far as I can tell) the most stable. I thought that drivers got better over time, not worse!
    Has anyone esle seen these problems? Am I correct in guessing that it is the drivers? Is there anything that I can do, apart from take it back where I bought it and throw it at them? :grr:

Hey , I think ya should first look in the mirror .... Ask yourself why did i buy this thing ... then throw it at yourself ....
    Vulcan chicks are hot .......... Cezch chicks are hot ............ my left palm is not

That card has some good ideas behind it but it has never been blessed by drivers that seem to work properly with it so it winds up as a lemon in my books. : peace2:

Office apps and internet surfin' is fine with them but don't throw games at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    That card has some good ideas behind it but it has never been blessed by drivers that seem to work properly with it so it winds up as a lemon in my books. : peace2:

Office apps and internet surfin' is fine with them but don't throw games at them.
    Your right, man.:snip:

Yeah... It should have worked nicely if it had drivers that worked with it properly. When I put in the GF 4MX 440 the lack of dx8 kinda sucks... but at least it works on more games.

As for why I bought it, it was cheaper than the MX440 I should have bought. At the time, it looked like Sis were going to really start making some good stuff, but I have never had any good drivers for the Xabre.

The worst thing is, the Xabre is faster than the MX440 when it does run.:grr:

Thread Information