Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: trying for 14,000 3d03 help

Default trying for 14,000 3d03 help

i,ve been trying to reach 14,000 on 3d03 i score 13,700 consistantly (at defaults) my rig fx53 @ 2.58 gigs, x800 xt p.e. at 546/587, 2 gigs corsair platinum,watercooled cpu,video card,chipset - sk8v motherboard. i am using dna 2.6.4.7 high fps install drivers. these drivers are way better than cat. 4.6 on my rig. i am wondering if anyone has any suggestions? different drivers etc. i feel like i should be able to reach 14,000 but 3d03 crashes if i clock higher on v card or cpu even though i can clock higher on other benchmarks. any suggestions?

I haven't tried DNAs, but you could give Omegas a shot.

That said, how much have you tweaked your system? You should look at the XP Tweaking Guide Reformat to Relax (linked to at www.tweakguides.com) and the XP (unless you're on 2K or something else) services guide on www.blackviper.com. If you have yet to go through these you could most likely make it past 14000.

Aside from that, my advice is stop benchmarking and play some damn games. You can't get better than that system without moving to socket 939 (hard drives aside). Go do some fraggin'.

I'll side with Yawg (that's almost scary ) on the driver choice. I don't recall the sites who did this, but there were a couple of them here a few months ago that did a direct comparison between Cat, Omega and DNA drivers of the same revision. In nearly all cases, either the Omega or Cat drivers came out on top. DNA drivers were nearly always toward the bottom and many times did worse than the Cat drivers.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default thanks yawg

thank you for your suggestions now i am @ 13,750 that is my highest so far

Default dna vs. omega

thanks yawg and darth. just to let you know i tried the omega drivers. well, at least on my rig they dont compare to the dna 2.6.4.7 with high fps install. nothing but problems. secondary display resolution at least the wallpaper was wacked. my am3 score went down 4000 points and 3d03 went down 500 points. but i guess you never know unless you try. why dont you guys try out the new dnas im pretty sure they are better than the omegas right now. all my games work flawlessly with them. jon

Thread Information