Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst Problems

Default Catalyst Problems

I downloaded the latest catalyst driver (ati radeon 9800 pro) and whenever i start up my computer, the catalyst driver does not open and because of that i cannot access it for some odd reason.

Default Re: Catalyst Problems

You mean Version 4.10 with CATALYST Control Center? If so, have you installed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1? It's required for the Control Center to function.
    Last edited by flunders; 10-18-2004 at 10:48 PM.
    << Flunders >>

Intel Celeron CPU 2.0MHz O/C'd at 2.94MHz // Coolermaster Aero 4 // Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 SiS 655 chipset // Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler // Leadtek Research WinFast A250 Ti4200 64MB O/C'd at 300/585 /w Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler and Fan // OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR // Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 120GB 2MB Cache // Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum // Pioneer DVD-120 Slot Load // Enlight Endura EN-7250 case // Globalwin Super Silent 22dBA 320W ATX Power Supply // Panasonic (PanaSync E70i) 17" Monitor // Wheel Mouse Optical // Cherry G83-6000 PS2 Keyboard // Creative Webcam NX PRO

Windows XP PRO SP1

alright lemme install that and ill see what happends

It should be available as an optional download through Windows Update.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

alright its working but i now have anotehr problem. In my call of duty game, i play for like 15 mins. and the game freezes up and the sound seems to be loopy. I am thinking that the cataylst would have to do with something about this because before i downloaded it, call of duty worked very well.

Did you uninstall the old version before updating drivers? If you're using WinXP there are usually problems with installing on top of the old version, but it can choke once in a while.
    My Toys

well when that happend (this happend like a week ago) i decided to go through ststem restore. It worked, till i installed catalyst and i uninstalled ati control panel and catalyst but not divice driver and this uninstall thing for ati. Would that need to be deleated also for a clean install? Also i am not overclocking my graphics card.

My first bet would be to remove the graphics drivers and then the video board. When you reboot you'll get a fresh "Found new hardware" blip nad you should be able to install your new drivers normally after cancelling the initial window.
    My Toys

Well im almost definatly sure it is the catalyst driver but i decided to bag it. its not worth it. A small performace increase isn't that much. I already have a good computer as it is.

if you use ati cards and are a gamer then i would definatly recommend Omega Drivers. You can get them at Omega Drivers.net. They actually will boost your fps for games and if your catalyst drivers arn't working now then give the omega drivers a try.
    http://www.teamak.sonichosting.net/b.../alkcsblue.jpg
    |+|My Computer
    |+|My Website
    |+|Team Ak - Armored Knights [A Multi-Gaming Clan]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information