Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problem with driver conflict Audigy ZS and MSI K8n Neo2 Platinum mobo

Default Problem with driver conflict Audigy ZS and MSI K8n Neo2 Platinum mobo

Hi all,

Here is my problem. I just put together my PC and everything was fine until after I installed Windows XP Pro and installed my motherboard drivers and utilities (MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum) from the CD that came with the mobo. The CD included drivers for the nVidia nForce 3 Ultra platform and other MSI utilities such as Core Center, DigiCell, MSI Live Update, etc.)

After installing everything on that CD, the computer restarted fine and dandy. Next I installed the video card drivers with no problem and the PC restarted fine. It was not until I installed the dreaded Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS drivers for my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card that all the problems and errors started popping up. I installed the entire CD that came with the card (all drivers and media source). Once I rebooted, the first error upon Windows startup was "nvraidservice.exe" error message that says it was interrupted and could not start-up. After closing that pop-up, a slew of other pop-ups came up. These were the utilities I installed for my motherboard (Core Center, DigiCell, MSI Live Update, etc.). The pop-ups all say drivers not loaded and the application did not start up. But once I uninstalled the Audigy 2 ZS drivers, everything is fine and no errors upon Windows startup.

I've disabled the onboard sound via the BIOS and even checked if there was any nVidia nForce audio listings in the Device Manager and found nothing there to disable. I've tried installed the drivers in every combination possible (installing the Audigy first then mobo drivers and vice versa). I did however find the lone problem by process of elimination, the Audigy ZS 2 drivers for Windows. It wasn't the media source or any other Creative application. Just the plain drivers. I've tried updating the drivers as well, but the same problems keep popping up.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? I'm about to bring my PC to a computer shop to see if he can do something about this. I'm not sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Default Re: Problem with driver conflict Audigy ZS and MSI K8n Neo2 Platinum mobo

A quick check on the Creative sight shows no firmware updates available, so I would shoot a message off to their tech support and see what they have to say. The Audigy took care of the old driver problems but there may be new issues given the newer chipsets available now.

On a side note, did you disable onboard sound, then reboot, THEN install the board after powering down again? If so, then go with the support route.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: Problem with driver conflict Audigy ZS and MSI K8n Neo2 Platinum mobo

I have the same problem with the drives included with SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    I get the same error messages; Corecenter, Digcell, Liveup not loaded or not started after installing this sound card. I have not found a solution yet, if you do please post. If there is anyone else who have experienced the same problem, please response.
    Last edited by wclark212; 12-04-2004 at 04:41 AM.

I have the same setup, but with the ZS Gamer, and I don't have any problems. I don't think there's a hardware difference, is there?
    Owner of the computer "Alatar the Blue"

Athlon XP FX-53
    MSI NeoPlatinum2
    2 GB Kingston PC 3200 CL2 RAM
    ATI x800 XT
    Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS
    21" Viewsonic Flat CRT
    Logitech Z-680 speakers
    2 x WD Raptor II
    120 GB Western Digital SE SATA HD
    Windows XP Home SP2

In the past I have had problems with my creative sound cards and found after a long time and alot of playing that it was a conflict with my graphics card that caused all the problems. I am not saying that this is the case here but I would make sure that all of the drivers on your machine are up to date and that your operating system is fully up to date before doing anything like taking your computer to a repair shop.

Funny enough, I have similar issues.
    AMD64 3800+, K8N Neo2 Platinum and an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum.
    I haven't thought that it could be related to the sound card yet... I'll take it out after work today and check if its better.

I also have a popup claiming CoreCenter doesnt support my mobo, so right now I think its more of a problem with the MSI utilities than the sound card. never got the nvraid... popup.

As well, my entire system sometimes just reboots or freezes for no apparent reason.

It might be that the utility popups are unrelated to the soundcard. From some websites I got info that CoreCenter MAY cause crashes and issues, as well as Digicell.

Thread Information