Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: VAIO help - drivers missing for TVC-U02. Please Help

Default VAIO help - drivers missing for TVC-U02. Please Help

hi
    I have problem with my new VAIO. It came with Windows XP Home edition and I preinstalled it with XP Pro. It was a hard battle to make everything work with installing some drivers and soft from the backup CD some from the sony site and some from the vendor sites. When everything seamed to work properly I attached the dock and what happend:
    the sound is missing at all
    the tuner doesnt work too
    I suppose this have something to do with a misterious device called
    TVC-U02
    Drivers are missing :-(
    Nothing on the official site about it :-x
    can anybody help please please

Default Re: VAIO help - drivers missing for TVC-U02. Please Help

I would probably shoot off an email to Sony and ask them for help on this. A quick Google search of your TVC-U02 only goves a few results that pertain to installing Mandrake Linux on the VAIO.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    I would probably shoot off an email to Sony and ask them for help on this. A quick Google search of your TVC-U02 only goves a few results that pertain to installing Mandrake Linux on the VAIO.
    Of cource I asked Google before posting here :)
    Anyway never mind this, solved the problem
    10x

same problem trouble me, A190 came with winXP home English version, I made a set of recovery disks follow the instruction, and follow the instruction on sony site to clean install winXP pro Chinese version, and used recovery disk reinstall all drivers and applications, but TVC-U02 present a yellow question mark as a unknown device in device manager windows...

Thumbs up Re: VAIO help - drivers missing for TVC-U02. Please Help

TVC-U02 is VAIO's MPEGEnc driver. You can download this driver from their supporting website. www.vaio-link.com and input your serial number etc and you can find all your drivers there, including the preinstalled driver and softs and the updates.

Hope this helps.

driver is also available from (C:\Windows\Drivers\giga pocket) folder after using VAIO recovery wizard (run from recovery media kit) to run application recovery of VAIO Driver Recovery Wizard to re-extract the drivers (if you want to use the tuner card reinstall an application from recovery software for that purpose then ask yourself why you changed the OS)

Thread Information