Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need an updated nVIDIA TNT2 driver

Default Need an updated nVIDIA TNT2 driver

Updated driver needed

Today when I was capturing video to my hard drive today my computer rebooted after about 45 minutes into a 2 hour capture.

As soon as the desktop came back up, an MS Windows Error message appeared that said,

"Computer restarted after an unexpected shutdown. MS Windows detected a possible device problem. The driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Please check with the device manufacturer for a device update. Please tell MS about this problem. The display driver for nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 model 64(HP) seems to be responsible for the system instability".

My HP Pavilion 7955 came with the nVIDIA driver installed so nVIDIA is now telling me they don't support it and can't provide an undated driver.

This is the third time I have gotten a reboot while capturing video to my hard drive.

Can someone tell me where I can get an undated driver for my nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 model 64(HP)? I would appreciate any kind of help with this. Thanks.

Default Re: Need an updated nVIDIA TNT2 driver

You can try nVidia drivers and then Google. However, the error only indicates that the problem is with the video, not necessarily with the drivers.

Yawgy is correct .... the drivers may not have had much to do with the real problem. However if you want to try new drivers nvidia.com would probably be the first stop. If you want a whole lot of driver options then try this page: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
    Be aware that TNT video cards are not generally supported on the newer drivers. I think they stopped supporting them after the 50 series of drivers but could be wrong.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

You will find that the last nvidia driver that will see that tnt2 is 66.93, they have it on their site for download.

Anything after that will not see a tnt2. The stupid thing is that nvidia will not admit it and when you download the newest driver it says for geforce and tnt2.
    Last edited by maximus7001; 03-10-2006 at 02:09 AM.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Someone found a 71.89 update for my video card and said it was the one I needed for my nVIDIA RIVA TNT2. Any comments about this one?

The reason I ask, there are numerous update but I don't know which one to use.....?

You could try to use that one. If it works ...then good ... but don't be too surprised if it does not recognize your card. Most of the new drivers can be forced to work by modifying the .ini files to match the older cards but the reality is that most older cards will prolly not benifet from the newer driver functions.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Thread Information