Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: refresh rate fix prob.s

I've tried to use the refresh rate fix tool on my pc and it keeps saying that it cant detect my device or its not supported.
    It's a Leadtec A250 ultra td. ti 4600.
    I tried with the winfast driver loaded (29.42) same thing.
    then I tried with the detonator 30.82. no luck.
    I also went planetquake for the supported list and my card is on there. 60hz sucks and win xp pro is keeping it there.
    the circles I'm running in are getting smaller , plz could someone help?

Are your monitors capable of more than 60hz at your desired resolution? If it is a plug and play monitor, it should report to Windows what its capabilities are, and at high res, may only support 60hz. I also suppose that if it is not plug and play, Windows may error on the conservative side if refresh rates are unknown to it, and limit it at higher res. If windows does not specifically recognize your monitors, check the monitors' manufacturer sites for an .inf file that will acccuratly convey the monitor's capabilities to Windows. You might also try to lower the res and see if the refresh will go up.

Sorry I didnt word that very well, but the monitors are fine its telling me my adapter is not being read as a supported device.
    the program I'm using is nvreffix.exe and my op. sys is XP Pro.

I found this while cruising around the net.

NVRefreshTool is a utility used to fix the problem in Windows 2000/XP that sets your refresh rate to 60Hz when you play any game. This problem occurs whether or not you have a higher refresh rate set in your Display Properties of Windows.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...fid=1022486151

Maybe this will help.

:D I had posted something here, but it was basically saying the same thing. NVRT works great.

Thread Information