Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refresh Rate

She said if a better driver exists it's already on the C disk but I have to install my monitor to see if it can find one. Yesterday my son installed the monitor and I doubt he did this. The $49 would include a new board with an AGP slot.

Can't you take your monitor etc back to the shop, and get them to configure it properly for you.
    Seems the best option if your unsure how to do it yourself, after all your've just purchased a computer from them.
    Be careful when setting the refresh rate, as some older monitors don't support very high rr's, and can be damaged when they're set to high.
    The alternative is to purchase a TFT/LCD monitor. These are still quite expensive, but you won't suffer with flicker on these.

I'm pretty small time. I build, upgrade, and repair computers on the side for a little spending money. Even I have a bench monitor! I can't beleive they don't have at least 1 in house they could have used to look at your hd. If this an indication of how well their test bench is equipped........ oh well, I can't even imagine! IMHO, they should give you a better(read modern) mobo and AGP vid card for the price you paid.

You could always download the lastest driver from that link you posted and see if that will give you the full driver adjustments as this place maybe just loading an older incomplete version as the adjustments should be there and really they should set it to what you want. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I think I'm going to tell them to add the video card. It's Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 with 32mb for $49.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information