Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should I upgrade to get more FPS?

i can get 40 fps+ on a radeon 7000 @ 1024x768..why dont u check ur drivers..

by default quake 3 only reserves 56 meg of ram for itself so adding more memory alone will not make any difference. In order to allocate more ram to the game u need to alter the...
    \seta com_hunkmegs XX
    setting in the quake 3 config. Setting it to 128 (if you have the ram to spare is easily enough) as it only really effects how many player models/skins etc are loaded at the beginning of a game.

looking at your system spec and that you only getting 90 fps max suggests that your framerate is locked by the vsync setting in game options. Try turning it off. I also suggest that you look for the setting ...
    \seta max_fps XX
    and set it to 130 or higher.(150 fps should be achieveable on some maps with all settings maxed out on your system). Dont forget to save the q3config.cfg after making the changes.

Try these before considering overclocking etc. Perhaps posting your q3config.cfg here (its only a text file after all).

:snip:

1.ASUS motherboard(most important)
    2.512M+ DDR memory
    3.ELSA GeForce 4 Ti 4800 or PRO
    4.Intel P4 3.0GHz+
    :shoot3: :snip:

Unlock your processor to overclock it. Don't just up the FSB. WinXP now thinks my 1500+ is a 2000+:D
    Also try rivatuner to OC your graphics card, leave the driver overclocking alone and use low level hardware OC, seems to let you go much higher before it gets glitchy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information