Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drivers causeing win crash

The other day I was playing UT 2K3 and my comp locked up. upon restart it has white blocks all over the Bios and XP splash screens. The only way i was able to get into window was in the safe mode. and it would just lock up till i uninstalled the Video drivers. when i tried to reinstall the drivers for the card the comp locked up again, so i reuninstalled them and now i am stuck with the windows default drivers and am un able to change any of the display setting as any changes lock the comp and force a reboot/unistall....any thoughts?

Have ya tried system restore to take ya back before the prob? :?:

tried that 1st ...same problem...could it be something wrong with the card itself and not really software related?:hammer:

It maybe but it's very hard to say as I've never experienced that. Have you been overclockin' the card? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

who me?:rolleyes: yes it has been over clocked in the past but at the time of the crash it was running at default speeds.:cry:

Could cool bits have anything to do with it? and if so what is the Reg entry that i would need to remove?

I asked that because what ya seein' can be caused by memory that's been overclocked a bit far or is havin' a heat issue. ;)

Are you referring to the Vid Card Ram? I thought it mightbe the sys ram and pulled the ram and replaced it with some pc2100 and was still having the same problem:cry:

No I meant the video memory but I'm out of thoughts atm if ya've reseated the vid card. :?:

unfortunately yes i have reseated it:( I am trying to get ahold of someone in Tech support at Asus...hopefully they can help me out and it is still under warrantee so i can send it back and see what is up

Have ya tried another video card in it? :?:

That would be my next step. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information