Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Any thoughts on this?

"Intergraph Computer Systems announced that the TDZ 2000 3D
    Graphics Workstation with RealiZm II 3D Graphics achieves
    Viewperf CDRS benchmark score of 108. Intergraph claims the
    RealiZm II VX113 3D graphics..."

"This machine's RealiZm II 3D graphics card, Model VX113, yielded an average score on our ViewPerf testing that was 10 times greater than IBM's machine. Wintune scores were 1786 MIPS and 952 MFLOPS in the basic CPU tests. Its 2D graphic performance was a slow 66 Mpixels/sec, but the OpenGL test yielded a blazing 542 Mpixels/sec."

Any thoughts on where I could find some comparisons of that benchmark score vs newer cards. I have searched for the card and so far found that it has around 16MB RAM and retailed for @ $1500 four years ago. I paid $80 for the whole comp with all sorts of goodies.

Edit: Sorry wrong forum, meant for general graphic card forum, Moderator?

If you are talking of comparing it to a mainstream gaming card it's like comparing apples and oranges. Graphics workstation cards and general use cards are optimized for different tasks. Most of today's high-end gaming cards will blow it away in games. If you want to compare it to new workstation cards, most of the benchmarking utilities are very expensive as they may contain full versions of expensive apps like Lightwave. Few other people test the newest cards against anything but the previous generation cards.

I kinda figured somthing like that, but for the price I paid..

The machine was geared for 3D design rendering and I have found quite a few more specs on it(16MB Frame Buffer memory and 16MB Texture memory with Geometry Accelerator card uses twelve digital signal processors) not that I really know what that means. I realize this may not compare to a Radeon 9700? or similar card, but is it even capable of playing some of the more current games acceptably. I am just thinking of "Gaming", and I would like to put this into a dual P3@500 which I have without a large investment in a new card. Could I run say 3dMark and approximately compare those numbers to other cards on the market? Not exact, but a rough comparison?

Thanks for the help.

Link to card specs-http://www.intergraph.com/itservices/sysdocs/graphics/dha024030.pdf

If it is the AGP version of the card, I imagine it will work with some games, though maybe not with all of the features turned on. Make sure that you can get drivers for your os.

If you're lucky - it might run games at about the same FPS as a TNT/TNT2 series....maybe much slower - certainly not any faster.
    4 years ago is a long time...at best it's a 128bit GPU - probably very little DirectX support, since it's a prof OpenGL card

a $40 GF2MX would blow it's doors off.

Thread Information