Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z87-UD5H and G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBMX issue

Default Z87-UD5H and G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBMX issue

I have 4 sticks ( two sets) of G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBMX totaling 16GB. Memory worked fine for two years in ASUS mb.
    In Gigabyte z87-ud5h only two sticks, in any combination, work stable, even can be easily overclocked.
    All four will give me BSOD in Windows. Raising voltage, setting manual loose timings, even downclocking memory to 1333, won't help. Memtest 86+ found no errors. MOtherboard is flashed with latest BIOS.
    Any timings I can set manually that can help me to get 4 stick to work stable?

Default Re: Z87-UD5H and G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBMX issue

Hi,

Mixing kits will not be recommend for your system, in your case, it sounds like compatibility issue with your new motherboard.

you may try raising the DRAM voltage to 1.65v to see how it works, hope it could be solve by this.
    G.Skill Tech Support

You are saying, that if I want to add more memory to my system, I have to throw away my existing kit and buy whole new set? Even if second kit, I add, is exactly same model?
    According to G.Skill web site F3-12800CL8D-8GBMX is compatible with GA-Z87-UD5H.

Hi,

The single kit of F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM is compatible with the Z87-UD5H as well, but mixing two kits may cause the compatibility issue.

G.SKILL will guarantee the memory compatibility with single kit only, with adding memory, you may need to raising the DRAM voltage/timing to make it work.

Also you can try timing 9-9-9-24 to see if it could be able to work.
    G.Skill Tech Support

Thread Information