Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Doom III Screenshots and MS XBox Trailer from E3 (Large

Thats why it is more likely to come out for the x-box 2 in late 2004:thumb: Maybe a launch title:D
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by MFaction
    ****. the reason i bot the 9700 pro was to play doom 3. on an outside map on unreal 2 i get like 20fps, 10 when in combat. is doom gonna be worse than this? god dammit.
    Also, what gives with unreal. whn i got it the kid at the store said that it was the worst game ever. thats exactly what i want to hear when i shell out 50 bucks...*******... anyway all the magazines said the story was bad, and the graphics werent that good blah blah blah. well wtf was the story in the 1st game?? you escape from prison. is there more than that? the only dissapointment i had with the game is the lack of cave levels. im not into these science labs leave that to doom. and what about half life 2? and all the mods? i pity people who limit themselves to consoles. am i rambling?
    MFaction, Actually your problem stand in your CPU, 1600+ is just too low for your new vid. Even with the last 3000+ and P4 3000ghz the Radeon 9700pro can give you more. So in your situation you'll just need to updrade your CPU for a 2.5ghz or more to get a good result in such games. I run Unreal Tournement 2k3 on my P4 2.4 GHZ with my old 8500 flawlessly. I hope it will help you. BTW the CPU near the 2.4, 2.5 models are selling at very low price by now, you should take a look at your local reseller you will find a 2600+ for almost nothing and you'll find your computer a WAY!! much faster!
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded!

Pentium 4 2.4Ghz@2.4Ghz
    Asus P4T-E
    512 Megs RDRAM PC800
    ATI Radeon 8500 64 Megs Retail
    SoundBlaster Audigy
    HD Maxtor 60Gigs
    **Logitech MX700 Wireless Mice - Fully overclocked as well as the Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard too**
    LG DVD 16X with LG CDRW 16X
    I'm also Using Inwin Case With ENERMAX Power Suply, for more power where it hurt!

what the hell is unreal warfare then? the ragdoll physics in 2k3 are cool. In postal 2 they are more hilarious than cool. people die in wierd ass ways, but its funny because you can piss on them. AND WHAT ABOUT DUKE NUKEM FOREEVER HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAhAhAhahAh.
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

Quote Originally Posted by t00lb0x
    --also about UT2k4--
    It will be backword compatable with 2003 (more of an addon) no new weapons [so far i know] and some new models but the gameplay would be faster, harder, more gfx intense talk about :wow:
    From the GameSpy folks:
    Unreal Tournament 2004 has been officially confirmed by Atari. In development with Epic Games and Digital Extremes, the game will ship this fall for the PC. In addition to the new modes, maps, characters, vehicles and improvements, Unreal Tournament 2004 includes all of the content from Unreal Tournament 2003 plus the two free bonus packs released by Digital Extremes and Epic Games. On to the features:

Assault Mode: The much heralded single-player oriented gametype returns with all-out battles with land-, space- and air-based vehicles on the home worlds of various Unreal Tournament 2004 combatants. In one scenario, players will experience the adrenaline rush of space-based battle while attacking or defending a Skaarj mother ship. Another scenario takes place on Xan Kriegor’s mechanical home world where players attack or defend a robot construction factory. There are currently six Assault scenarios planned to ship with the game.

Onslaught Mode: New multi-player oriented combat game type on custom-built large-scale maps featuring awesome new weapons and land- and air-based vehicles. From the lethal bomber to the nefarious spider mines – players will work as teams to control map points and win the conflict. There are currently nine Onslaught maps planned to ship with the game.

Live voice chat over LAN and internet with 3D audio (on supported sound cards) so players can sense where voices emanate from. Using a microphone and headset (not included), players can communicate with teammates and buddies or just yell at everybody who gets in their way! Several settings are provided to allow users to customize their voice chat experience.

Fan-favorite Unreal characters will return to challenge in the tournaments, including the Skaarj, the Necris and the infamous Xan Kriegor.

The game will include 20 never-before-seen maps for the existing game types, featuring tons of new textures, new static meshes and new music. It’s a field day for mod makers! Also included are new maps from Digital Extremes designed specifically to appeal to "hardcore" UT players.

In total, Unreal Tournament 2004 will ship with more never-before-seen maps than the entire number of maps that shipped with Unreal Tournament 2003!

UnrealTV match broadcast system will allow for hundreds of people to view an Unreal Tournament 2004 match with minimal performance impact on game server. UnrealTV will be fully integrated into the server browser to make it easy to located broadcasted matches.

Complete end-user voting system that will allow users to choose game type, maps, mutators, rules and settings and will also provide the ability to remove troublesome players from the game. Custom clan-match voting system will allow clans to negotiate acceptable game settings prior to a competitive match.

Unreal Tournament 2004 users will be able to join games on Unreal Tournament 2003 servers.

A completely redesigned user interface (UI) will be easier to navigate and support context-sensitive menus, an in-game login menu (to improve team balancing) and an improved server browser with enhanced server filtering options. The underlying user interface system has been reengineered to be easier for Mod authors to build menus and implement their own UI designs.

Tons of cool gameplay tweaks and refinements including unique crosshairs for each weapon, the ability to carry dual Assault Rifles, improved computer-controlled "Bot" team coordination and movement, network bandwidth usage optimizations and more!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Well i know i said it was more likely to come out on x-box 2 but i was wrong: Santa Monica, CA - May 13, 2003 - id Software™ and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) confirmed today that id Software's DOOM 3™, the most anticipated game of the year, is headed to the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. :o
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

UT2k4 looks good, if they add vehiciles it might outsnuff BF42 for revolutionary gameplay...but still its gonna be backwards compatable...
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Multiplayer is almost a standard in games now
    HAHAHA!!!

Wow, I guess this is the result of a generation of newbs knowing nothing about free privately released mods. (Or maybe just lack of decent internet speaking)

----------

The vote is in, and the multiplayer is king.
    NOTHING compares to Human vs Human competition. AI (Artificial Intelligence) is absolute **** in comparison. Story lines are ok, but they are always the same.

Multiplayer is ALWAYS different. However, if you have not played a FREE-to-anyone online mod release, please refrain from comment, as you have no clue.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

sorry
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I have to apologize, I read your earlier comment as "people got board b/c/ of multiplayer", and it actually says "people got bored b/c of no multiplayer"

My bad.

Online multiplayer is the Only thing I buy games for. After years of single player, it becomes apparent that its all just jumping through specially made hoops that haven't accomodated you nor will change with What you do, and it bores me quickly.

With id being the king of easy modification, quake and doom mods continue to be the hideout of the players seeking the highest level of 'competition'. User made mods are made by, hosted by, and maintained by volunteers, which make the whole experience completely different that anything you're used it, if you've never tried it.

I'll play the D3 single player once. I'll play D3 online multiplayer mods continually until the next id game is released.

====

There have been system requirements minimums announced. GF3 Ti200 is the weakest card that WILL run D3. And AS WITH ALL id releases, the BEST HARDWARE availiable at the time of the release will run D3 "fairly well to good" which means roughly 40-80 FPS.

People will ***** and moan, and then realize how brilliant it was, when D3 is still the BENCHMARK standard in 2006 (like Q3 continues to be now- a Nov 1999 game)
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information