Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enter the Matrix

I am very, very disappointed with this game. Suffice it to say that for a game aimed at computer enthusiasts, it looks like it was made around 1998-99. At highest possible settings, 1600x1200x32, 4xAA, 4xAF, 100% particle etc. it looks average at best, very dated and blurry textures. Fighting animations are good but sound and remaining animations are poor. AI is atrociously poor, and even bullet time could be much, much better.

I would recommend that you rent or wait for the demo before you decide to buy the game because I am going back to EB tomorrow and asking for a refund.

is it worse than the movie? There is only one game worthy of the bullet time.
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

Ok, call me crazy but:
    a) i loved the first and i thought the second was better...
    b) I like teh game a lot on the xbox--I played it at a friends house and its really sweet the fighting kicks ass. Yes the graphics aren't to great but the focus mode is incredible and the fighting makes up for it. The sound sucks i admit I think they should have redone it, better soundtrack. But i still really really enjoy enter the matrix.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Beefy Guest

This game is just gonna ride the hype of the movie and sell heaps from people who don't really know what it's like... I saw 45 copies of the PS2 game in the local Harvey Norman store, and for a country town that's a hell of a lot. They'll probably sell them all too.

From what I'm hearing, people love the XBox version, but the PC version is generally just a bad port of that console game.

Basically if you're running it on a console, it will look great on TV and it feels and controls like a console game.

Run it on PC at high res with max settings and you will be VERY disappointed. Then again, how many people will run it at those settings, so most people will probably think their system is the limiting factor, not the shoddy graphics and annoying controls/AI. And yes it will sell like hot cakes too.

Believe me, I wanted this to be a good game but I am very disappointed. It honestly does look like it has 1999 technology for the engine :(

Yes the release dates on the same day was total marketing (my dad had something to do with it :D.) But, I have seen the computer version, its bad compared to the xbox. I will admit that the graphics and game engine are lacking, Unreal 1 looks better in some cases. But, the focus slow motion is pretty hard to code (but not for Epic or huge companies like that.) Yes, I am dissapointed when looking at the Computer version but...I must admit I love dodging bullets and jumping off of walls.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

There's a new patch for the game out. An earlier 1.51 patch which was mirrored everywhere was an unofficial Euro version patch which caused problems.

The newer 1.52 patch has been released and has the following fixes:

- Cleaner graphics during gameplay and cineractives
    - New "Matrix Options Screen" that gives the user many more options
    - The user can Alt-Tab to switch to another application during gameplay
    - EAX option now works properly
    Download it from here.

At first the patch didn't seem to change anything. I had to completely uninstall the game, remove the registry entries and the game folder, and then reinstall it. Then I patched to 1.52 and it looks MUCH better. Textures still look dated but it now looks a lot better. Sadly, I'm running at the highest possible settings and it looks like it was made in late 2001 now...but the action makes up for that ;)

Beefy Guest

Played it today, wasn't overly impressed. Not my kinda game I think.

I'll just spend the money on seeing the movie 8 times ;).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information