Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XIII

The President of the United States of America has been assassinated.

You wake up on a desolate strip of New England beach. The near-fatal impact of a bullet has left your head pounding, and your memory erased. What's more, the number "XIII" has been mysteriously tattooed on your chest, while your pocket holds a key to a New York City bank box. Head swimming in amnesia, you struggle to your feet only to encounter more assailants intent on finishing the job. To your shock, you handle the hitmen with the killing skills of a professional - before heading to the bank in search of any shred of information about your lost identity and your involvement in the President's murder.

What lies ahead is a deadly quest not only into your shadowy past, but America's darkest corridors of power.

Key Features

The Ultimate Conspiracy
    Unravel a whirling conspiracy plot where your identity, the President's assassination, and the future of America are shrouded in mystery.
    So Much Style It's Criminal
    Graphic novel presentation, flashback graphics and pop-up windows create a groundbreaking entry into the genre. XIII marshals the power of Unreal II technology and unique comic book visual styles.
    Groundbreaking Gameplay
    Experience a wide variety of gameplay - cunning use of human shields, silent weapons and XIII's internal "sixth sense" that detects approaching enemies. To survive, you'll master techniques ranging from covert infiltration to heavy combat as you battle sinister conspiratorial forces.
    A Deadly Arsenal of Weapons
    Handle a dizzying array of weapons ranging from silent crossbows to precision sniper rifles, to furious automatic weapons, to chairs, bottles, ashtrays, shovels and even enemy soldiers' bodies.
    A New Kind of Multiplayer
    Square off against other players in innovative multiplayer modes such as the cooperative Cover Me, along with classic modes such as Capture the Flag and Deathmatch.

Official website VIII

Game screenshot

One word = Sweeeeeeeeeeet!:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

What other games has that company made?

Honestly, I suggest you don't get your hopes up, there are so many games that are written up to sound way better than they are. For example...
    A New Kind of Multiplayer
    Square off against other players in innovative multiplayer modes such as the cooperative Cover Me, along with classic modes such as Capture the Flag and Deathmatch.
    What First person Shooter HASN'T had those aspects? I see nothing 'new' or 'innovative' about it... Just an example of over-exaggerating to convince you to buy on impulse.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Cel-Shading rules :afro:
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

whats the release date for this?

October 2003

The english demo of XIII is now available for download, allowing you to try out this upcoming cel-shaded FPS powered by the Unreal 2 technology. The demo offers two playable levels - the Beach and the Military base.

XIII Demo (79.9MB)

The demo is quite good. The graphics look as good in action as it does in the screenshots. The first level is really easy and the second is pretty tough. I've got high hopes for the October 10th release.
    Antec 1080AMG with window kit
    P4 3.06 HT@3.38
    Volcano 7+
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
    ATI Radeon 9700 pro
    1GB Crucial DDR PC-2700
    Creative Audigy 2

The demo is cool but I think there is a bug. After finding health packs I'm not able to pull up inventory to select it. Actually after a few minutes in the first level I'm not able to pull up the inventory at all, only change weapons.

I'm dl 13 movies from the game atm, they can be found for free on the superb site fileplanet.com..

ranges from 2.1 to 112 Megs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information