Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I.S.O Files (copying etc)

thomson1968 Guest

Need Help !
    Can someone give me info about I.S.O files ?
    I've downloaded several games from the net and they are I.S.O files,,,I do understand that an iso file is generally one that you would copy to cd and run the game from cd, I even have the program "ISO BUSTER" to do just that.....But....I'am led to believe that by using the buster program i can actually run the program from my desktop rather than cd, is this correct and how do i do it ??? I havent had much luck so far with it, I've done the extracting and run things and various other combinations but I get nowhere.
    I have noticed that a couple of things usually happen when i try to install an extracted game, one being error - misssing dll file (autorungui.dll) and the second being - please insert correct game cd or cd 1 - I.E - its asking for the original game cd to install...I've tried the no cd cracks for the games but they dont appear to do anything let alone install, I've also got the missing dll file from the net and added it to the game files but the games still wont load up although the error "missing dll" stops appearing.
    If I need to put the files onto cd, how would I do this correctly ? I've tried to extract the files to cd but with no luck !
    Please advise ???????

An .iso file is an IMAGE of the CD. That means when you burn this image the CD will be created. The .iso tells the CD how to be burnt. In order to burn an .iso file you need a program like Nero, or EZ CD creator. I believe WinISO will also do it, and perhaps Fireburner.

[Admin Edit: No warez advice please]
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

thomson1968 Guest

so if iam burning the file to disk, will nero or whatever program i use auto detect the correct copy format etc ???

thomson1968 Guest

as i said, i've got a program called isobuster that can deal with extracting iso files etc,,,,what should i do, do i extract the iso file straight onto cd or to a new folder first then cd ?????
    and i have nero too.
    please advise.

thomson1968 Guest

can someone give me a direct link to daemon tools the program that xboy described above,bear in mind i have windows xp, iam having a problem getting a site that actually works and allows download.
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

When burning an ISO, you want to choose Other CD Formats in the nero wizard, then image. You will need to browse to the ISO which you created from your legal CD for backup purposes only . Nero will do the rest for you.

[Admin Edit: Once again, this utility is a known piracy tool. No advice on it here please]

thomson1968 Guest

so,,,,I would need the original legal game cd stored for backup if i wanted to copy and run the game from cd, the downloaded version I mean.
    please advise.

My advice is to READ THE FORUM RULES.

Thread closed and pirating advice edited out.

Thread Information