Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Counter-Strike Server Help!

O.k. I wanted to create a temporary server so my pals and I could play counter strike(v1.0.0.5). I obviously clicked the buttom which says "Create a Server" it started connecting then i had my server...BUT...:confused: after i got the IP which i was given so i could give to my friends..no one could connect to it.:thumbs do . One, the ip I gave out was wrong or i did something wrong or didnt do something i was suppose to. I think i got the correct Ip because it said "Servers IP".

thanks for the help..:)

You are behind a firewall, or a router with a builtin firewall such as a linksys. A simple google search will reveal what ports you need to open/forward in order for your server to contact the master, and to allow your friends to be able to connect :)
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

if you're on a small local network, more than likely the IP you got was the local IP

you'll have to give your friends the IP on the 'net side of your router with the port number you open that is associated with your comp
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

there is no answer on how to open a port..all i find are people with the same question as mine.

There is literally TONS of information out there. www.google.com search for Counter-Strike Server help, or the like, and you will find it. SEEKK AN YE SHALT FIND! I would normally answer a question like this, but seriously there is sooo much info out there it's not even funny!
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by espoe213
    there is no answer on how to open a port..all i find are people with the same question as mine.
    what router do you have? when you figure that out, go to your manufacture's website and search abound for your model, somewhere in there is should tell you how to open a port

as for which port(s) to open, you'll have to search the CS sites or the README for that
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Make sure you also update the firmware on your router before making a server :cool:
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Beefy Guest

Firstly, what kind of internet connection are you on and do you use a router to connect, or are you directly connected?

Secondly, the IP address that the computer gave you might be a local address, and not the one that is associated with the internet (depending on the setup again).

XBoy, can you please stop jumping to conclusions and giving dodgy advice. This person might not be behind a firewall. There's many other possiblities. Before leaping to conclusions, get a bit of background info first. Updating firmware probably won't help, assuming they even have a router.

wow...creating a server sounds harder than i thought!

Thanks for all the help though.

i got protocol version 43 and exe version is 1.0.1.4 . if someone could send me links to update it and tell me what downloads i need i would be thankfull.

it says i ned to update but i dont know what plz tell me
    thanks~buddyzack~

Thread Information