Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cs high pinging.... need help

Hey

Basically my ping sucks......... its about 400-500 all the time and when i get in a shoot out my choke sky rockets and my FPS drops to about 15.

I use an Internal modem that i got with my Tiny PC.

My isp is aol.

My rate is currently 4000

cl_cmdrate is 15

cl_updaterate is 20

PC is a P3 550 with 128Mb

Any help would be great. cheers ZERO-G

well, ur problem lies in the fact that you have 56k with aol as your isp :thumbs do Basically there is no real way to improve ur pings without upgrading to broadband :( On the bright side when I had dial up w/ aol pings of 750-800 were fairly normal for me :o

I would be happy if i could be my ping below 200.

Forgot to add that in.

Also i live in scotland and i was wondering which ISP would work best.

Any ISP that offers high-speed internet. Most likely you will be extremely happy with an ISP that offers cable/DSL access. AOL is by far the worst ISP EVER! It comes to no suprise to me that your pings are that high. Personally I don't see the point of a computer without internet, besides M$ office stuff... good luck on your search!
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

A long long time ago in a galaxy far away I also had the same problem with counter-strike, this was when it was like beta 7.1. I had to up grade my system to a Duron 800mhz w/ a substancial video card at the time, a radeon 32mb DDR. With aol i could get my ping down to 200-300's, thats about the best i could get, since then my computer has been upgraded and ive moved on to q3 arena and broadband internet. the only advice i can give u i guess would be to upgrade ur computer and/or tweak your internet connection, although i had limited success w/ that. Basically your ping wont go under 200 no matter how great ur connection.

yeah i agree.

you just have to make do with what you have at the moment.

broadband isnt that expensive these days, you can pick up a 512/128 connection with around 8gb dl/month for around $80...give or take abit.

just dont let your parents get one ISP on the brain and consider no other alternatives...

thats how i came about to be stuck with telstra :(
    but hey its better than 56k for sure :p
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

I have just moved over to Adsl myself and know how it feels when your pings are high, But when i was on 56k i was with Freeserve and my pings would start at about 180 on a 5 v 5 server and depending on what map. But now on BB im getting about 25 50ish pings which I can live with. Go BB feel the speed.
    AMD XP 1600 1.44Ghz
    256MB DDR
    40GB MATROX HDD
    Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb (Connect3D)
    SB AUDIGY 5.1
    WIN98 SE
    DIRECTX 9
    NEW DRIVERS ALLROUND

Thread Information