Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Gaming Coming to END?????

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu
    you can't get demo's for consoles so you have to buy a game for a lot of money and then find out you don't like it.
    This is why it is always a good idea to goto a place that rents out the game you are interested in, hire it overnight and try it out, and if you still like it, goto a store a purchase it
    'Life is what you make of it'

For system specs goto my webpage, and have a lookie under the 'pc specs' area

Quote Originally Posted by Anti
    The way graphics are going. I think consoles are going to have trouble keeping up. Especially for on line play. Just my :2cents:
    But remember, the last console generation came out nearly 2 years ago. PCs can keep up with graphics as they go along, while consoles need 3-4 years for a new generation with new amazing graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude
    You obviously have no experience with consoles as each one has loads of demoes free with mags If ure gonna argue at least get your facts right
    No need for growling.
    Nintendo NES, SNES, gameboy, 64. And a playstation. I would say that counts as experience. I didn't realize nintendo also switched to discs instead of cartridges. I agree that makes demos possible.
    "Make FPS, not war"

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu
    No need for growling.
    Nintendo NES, SNES, gameboy, 64. And a playstation. I would say that counts as experience. I didn't realize nintendo also switched to discs instead of cartridges. I agree that makes demos possible.
    uve never heard me growel grrrrrr grrrrr grrrrrr :laugh:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I think you guys forgot one issue why computer gaming will not come to an end. Only computers offer really good RTS games. I know that this genre may not be your cup of tea, but it sure is mine. That is almost all i play. And I can't play RTS games on consoles. That is one reason.

Chaos

you can do RTS on a console....I used to play C&C on my N64 all the time
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    you can do RTS on a console....I used to play C&C on my N64 all the time
    Ya it sure is possible, but the mouse is much easier to use instead of that clumbsy N64 joystick, or any controller for that matter.

I liked that game aswell, untill I got a PC able to play RA (my 386 barely ran it in dos). Never played N64's C&C again after that.

Yeah true...but games like Cossacks: European Wars, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, and others don't play that well on consoles at all. I mean Cossacks can have up to 8,000 units in it! Try commanding half of that in a battle without hotkeys!!!!! Give me a break.

i never said RTS games were goog on a console, just that it has been done and can be done again

RTS are better on a PC, I play them just as much as FPS

I wouldn't give up my PC to game on a console any day
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Consoles need to have a keyboard and mouse...and upgradable parts and custom cases.....no a pc is better
    "Make FPS, not war"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information