Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Any good drag racing games?

I've got IHRA drag racing, but i want to find another one.....
    i am into the as realistic as it can get type games, not the arcade ones.....
    So if anyone knows any good ones, please post :geek:

I think all Drag racing games suck. Maybe just havent found a good one. But did you try Nitto Drag Racing Game?
    Its online, but too easy to cheat in it.

There's talk about a drag mode in Gran Turismo 4....honestly I can hardly play another racing game other than GT.
    Antec 1080AMG with window kit
    P4 3.06 HT@3.38
    Volcano 7+
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
    ATI Radeon 9700 pro
    1GB Crucial DDR PC-2700
    Creative Audigy 2

the nitto game isnt what i'm looking for really...

i've played it before, its more of an arcde type game.
    IHRA drag racing i like because you can really make the engine to your liking.....you can use real parts with brand names like 'Weiland or Vortech' instead of just 'supercharger', you can customize EVERYTHING down to the ignition timing and stuff.....what i DONT like about it is that the selection of cars isnt the greatest and you cant customize the cars outside appearance....like if you add a roots supercharger or whatever, no matter what car it is,you still dont see a blower sticking out of the hood. You cant change the cars color either....AHh well: peace2:

Midnight Club 2?

or the classic DOS game StreetRod.

or the new one [the site has an ALPHA version for D/L]: http://www.streetrod3.com/

or you can download the old dos version here: http://www.streetrod3.com/classics.shtml

lol i can remember playing streetrod 1 so many times, not knowing wtf i was doing.........
    i had been to that website a few times lately, but none of the classics will work in XP?!?!?

so boot to dos and run them there. its one reason i still keep an old pentium around.

a friend of mine gave me an old computer cause he was getting rid of it.....it was an old windows 95 machine, 15 inch monitor, an old deskjet printer....the whole works (even a ball house!)

At the time, my parents were kinda upset with all the computer stuff i had lying around my room, my cousin had been wanting and saving for a computer for a long time and it was her birthday in a few weeks so i figured, what the hell. i'll give her this computer, she can use it while she saves up for a better one, then she will give it back to me! parents are happy, cousin is happy, and i get alot of respect for giving her a computer....everyones happy.
    Well that was the case for a while....but like 2 months later i go over and my uncle had bought a new Gateway computer for himself, so he gave her their old (pos, but a bit less of a pos than what i gave her) computer because the one i gave her wasnt working.......it was working fine when i gave it, but their dumbass neighbor (they live up in the middle of new hampshire in like a strange little community.....this one kid who everyone there thinks is the smartest little cookie because he is always ripping things like sterios apart and sometimes gettign them to work....he had tried to get the network card to work......but he totally ****ed it up...but some parts were still usable i'm guessing.....so, monitor and all, they gave the computer to a neighbor!!! so i was and still am very pissed and want it back....damn damn damn....remind me never to give anything to them again!

so, how do i run it from dos? how do i get into dos more importantly! lol

You can use a boot disk to boot to a DOS prompt from which you can access the hard drive. you can grab a boot disk from www.bootdisk.com to do that.

then all you have to do in copy the files to a directory and run the executable from the command line.

Thread Information