Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pc shuts down when playing games

It definitely sound like some sort of hardware problem. Either the power supply or the motherboard. The reason I say this is that when you have to unplug the PS just to get it work again this likely means that a circuit breaker or fuse has switched off due to overheating/short circuit, and so the PSU needs a full disconnect/reconnect to work.

I suggest you clean up your case wiring, make sure the motherboard is not shorting out on the case, no stray wiring is contacting anything else. The reason why games bring this behaviour out is that the games put a load on your PSU which normal internet browsing wouldn't.

Well i think i have sorted it out now with a new 431W Enermax EG465AX-VE PSU the 12v rail on the Q-TEC PSU just wasnt powerfull enough just ben playing ut2003 for about 1 hour :D and not 1 prob thanks verry much for the help

Just thought id add this in....

I use a 350W PSU and it powered a CC, 5fans, PCI blower and an EPoX EP-8rga+ with a 1700+ at 200FSB, but it was quality (RaidMax)
    Glad to hear the ne wPSU fixed your problem ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information