Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Im planning on buying a console that will entertain my girlfriend enough to get her t

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend vs. Console

Im planning on buying a console that will entertain my girlfriend enough to get her to play too. Which one should i pick? Think 2 player.

Game Cube
    Playstation 2
    XBOX
    Stick with a bottle of tequila and some playing cards man!

**By the way this is my first poll**

I voted for Gamecube but honestly it is either that or PS2. Unless you and her want to play Halo for the rest of your life. Or at least until #2 comes out.
    Antec 1080AMG with window kit
    P4 3.06 HT@3.38
    Volcano 7+
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
    ATI Radeon 9700 pro
    1GB Crucial DDR PC-2700
    Creative Audigy 2

stick with the tequila and cards ;)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Yeah i asked my buddies at work and they all said that the tequila works the best. I havent heard that many great things about XBOX other than Halo being your best friend.. Yuck. I figured game cube would be nice but i wasnt sure since its the cheapest on the market. lol what do i know..

The last console i had was SNES and that was my best friend until i got a better computer. Then i gave up consoles for EQ. Ouch. Never play that game, or any like it. They suck your life away.

Beefy Guest

How old are you both? (If you don't mind me asking...)

I don't know who you've been talking to but IMHO the Box is the best console currently on the market... Halo definately isn't it's only good point.

Look at it this way; you can pretty much get every game on every console, apart from a few proprietry games (eg GTA on PS2). And Xbox has the better, crisper graphics. End of story.

On the other hand, GameCube is cheap and it also has some great multiplayer games (check out Mario Party 4 or Super Monkeyball 2).

Oh I won't disagree with you on the graphics, they are far superior to PS2 but Gamecube gets pretty darn close. The only problem I have with Xbox really is I just find it a bit redundent to own both a PC and an Xbox. Since their inner workings are so similar, I can expect that any games on Xbox will eventually be on PC as well, and most of these are FPS games anyway which are much better played on PC. And for the better multiplayer games, PS2 has a few, I've really only played Halo with other people (no one owns any other multiplayer games), and Cube is leading. Although honestly I haven't touched a console in a month or two cause there just plain aren't many great games coming out lately. Basically everything I'm looking forward to is on both PC and Xbox, and that makes me wonder why own a box? If I bought another console I'd get a Cube just because it has the best number of propriety games. Although sorry I'm off the point, Osiris is right most of the multiplayer games (especially sports games) come out on all consoles, but simply for the number of mario type games (Mario Party, Mario Golf, etc.) which are multiplayer as well as the lower console price (however small it may be) I'd go with a cube. Although I own a PS2 I'm finding it is very hard to reccommend these days. I'm surprised it is even still selling.
    P4 3.06 HT@3.38
    Volcano 7+
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
    ATI Radeon 9700 pro
    1GB Crucial DDR PC-2700
    Creative Audigy 2

Beefy Guest

Well, I've got all three consoles, and to me they basically seem to cover different areas... This is all opinionated, but that's what you get.

My PS2 is mainly used for RPGs / fighting games. Stuff along the lines of the FF series, Tekken series, and the occasional other games that come along that are worth playing.

The GC is a good little party machine. While aimed a little more at the younger generation (not always, but mostly), it's still good fun to grab a couple people and play any of the Mario series (looking forward to Mario Golf and the new Mario Party), as well as others like SSBM, Monkey Ball, etc... These are the games that you can pick up and just play. Sure, there's others out there that are exceptions (Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime), but most are good, clean, wholesome fun.

Haven't really touched the XBox much, to be honest. There just doesn't seem to be anything that I really want to play at the moment. It's kinda the wildcard of the bunch. It's got all kinds of games, but as yet I haven't seen anything that really jumps out and makes me want to play. Sure, I've got Halo, but I'm a kb/mouse FPS fan, and just don't seem to have the knack for using a controller to play FPS games. Just me, but it really taints your view on a game. When it comes out on PC it'll be a different story. ;)

So for a console you can play with your GF / buddies, I'd head for either a GC or Xbox. GCs probably got more of the fun, little games that you can pick up and play anytime (and if you can get your GF addicted to Animal Crossing, all the better ;) ) but the Xbox has a wider assortment and, in the end, probably the better lifespan.

As for games coming out on all platforms now, that's not really true. From a guess I'd say about 30-40% of games are still unique to one system. And the cross-system games are changing their style too. Best example of this is Soul Calibur 2. Coming out on the three consoles. However, each console gets it's own unique character to the game. It's this reason that I'm going to get it on the GC above the others (so I can play with Link from the Zelda series, as opposed to Spawn (Xbox) or Heihachi from the Tekken series (PS2)).

All boils down to personal preference though.

Just remember:

"A girlfriend is temporary, a console is for life."

Yeah Beefy doesn't it sorta disgust you that they couldn't find a better character to include in the PS2 version? I mean Heihachi? I have nothing wrong with the guy other than the fact that I've seen him in Tekken enough. Link is such a great idea though and it actually makes me want to buy a GameCube for just that.

And yeah Osiris sparked a thought in my head, why not just buy your preference of console. That way, if you try to get her hooked on it and she refuses, you'll know to ditch her right away :D

(please don't actually do that)
    P4 3.06 HT@3.38
    Volcano 7+
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
    ATI Radeon 9700 pro
    1GB Crucial DDR PC-2700
    Creative Audigy 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information