Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Box

Quote Originally Posted by aznx
    cyrix, it would look like crap

the g3 on the computer wouldn't handle it as fast because of the OS running in the background hogging memory and bios cache...

OS in the background or not... I will be happy to put my system up against an X-Box machine. Gimme a game that has been ported over and we'll see. :cool:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

hmmm...maybe, dunno, but you have to consider that xbox runs @ 480p....not some 1600x1200....

MMM What sort of vidcard is in the XBOX?
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nick

March 14 2002 :smokin:
    If ya want a look inside hop over to www.hardops.com . Their spreadeagle review is very revealing......

It's based on a 733 celly intel

a geforce 2 gpu, specs read very similar to mine.

os is a stripped drown w2k. and people said ya couldn't play effective gaming on 2k.

Darth ya'd kill'm @ idea. Tell ya what I'd like to see is what the w2k version on a dual boot, and a crack'd copy of a couple of the games on my big screen tv via my computer, just to prove a point to my stepson. I'm just finish'n him a new rig based on my old 850 Duron & a g/f 3. It's just BG's X-computer-X rip off, so he can make a point at our expense, again.

:snip: m$.
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

What! They were saying a PIII 733 was suppose to be inside the X-Box. Although I did hear a tiny rumor that they downgraded before release here in the U.S.

I dont know what difference the celeron would make instead of the PIII...anyone willing to enlighten me?

I've played a lil of the ps2..its ok i guess. I havent had the chance for the GameCube. I got to hold the X-Box controller at K-Mart but the console wasnt on for a try-out. Controller felt nice,I expected a big bulky one. The clerk up there said he has seen the X-Box freeze on a bunch of ppl....dont know what game. Halo looks nice on the commercials and tv.

The L2 indicates a mobile celly. Not a P3. In fact alot of the hardware is older. It part of what showes this to be......rip off.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

and this is supposed to be better than a pc?:?: :?:
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

:devil: (BG-$$$$$grab'n as ever)........he's got the $$$$ to buy what ever...... Got an Xbrother outlaw that worked on it.......according to the fam......months of bugs on the hardware....hehehe got to be a couple of :laugh: :laugh: in there...

I still think PS2 is more impressive. The Grand Tourismo games especially. But then, I might have a bias against Microsoft.
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Beefy Guest

The Xbox is a mean little machine.. sure, it's only got a p3 and a gf2.. but this thing is built for games........ not applications, not heaps of programs that run at once.. games... They are damn good at what they do.. I'm not gonna get one myself, but I believe that they still are a nice little machine..

Problem is, games for consoles are are good as they can be.. Games for PC are always, ALWAYS dumbed down a little bit so there is more of a market for them... which is sad in a way for all those people with big beasty PC's.... a good example of this is Halo. Most gamers out there have heard about this. With the release of the Xbox in Japan / US, Halo was THE game to have.. It looks and plays unbelievably well on the system, and is slated for a PC release sometime next year.. Unfortunately, they are cutting out a lot of cool features from the Xbox version so a larger audience of PC users can play it.

Sorry for the mini rant here.. i could go on, but I won't.. all i'm saying is don't put consoles down because of their specs. It's like comparing athlons to pentium 4s only based on clock speeds... :) (that'll start a nice little argument... hehehe)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information