Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2

Just a thought......

Valve could be rewriting Half-Life 2 to offer full support for Direct X9.1 which is due for release sometime next year.

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    Valve could be rewriting Half-Life 2 to offer full support for Direct X9.1 which is due for release sometime next year.
    that seems like an expensive gamble, is their really going to be that much of an improvement in 9.1? the longer they delay the release the more copies they will have to sell in order to recoup their costs :2cents:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

It was just an idea......

Valve has already updated the game to DirectX 9, so it's feasible that they would be prepared to go all the way and make it a DirectX 9.1 title. With Doom 3 delayed and the well reported Half-Life 2 source code theft, they've been given the time necessary to do it.

<center>"Chosen 9" screenshots</center>
    <div align="center"><table border="0" cellspacing="1" width="600" height="160"><tr><td width="25%"><div align="center"><div align="center"></div></td><td width="33%"><div align="center"></div></td><td width="34%"><div align="center"></div></td></tr></table></div>
    <div align="center"><table border="0" cellspacing="1" width="600" height="160"><tr><td width="25%"><div align="center"><div align="center"></div></td><td width="33%"><div align="center"></div></td><td width="34%"><div align="center"></div></td></tr></table></div>

These new Half-Life 2 screenshots were received by Mr Tweak from an anonymous source. They're from the "Chosen 9" demo dated October 7 2003.

Not the most impressive shots I've seen of the game, but it's still looking very nice. I noticed that on the second shot (with the shotgun) that the ground textures aren't all that high...probably to balance out the size of the map, assuming that I'm correct in that it takes place in the dried-out sea area with the dune buggy.

Any place we can downlaod the video?
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

SearanoX: Whilst there have been many public demonstrations of the game, I've never seen any of them available for download, but I'll keep my eyes open.
    My first experience of Half-Life 2 was a 30min Valve demo in London earlier this year. I was truly impressed by what I had seen, and I eagerly await the opportunity to redeem my HL2 voucher.

Actually, you can download the demos from quite a few websites. However, the "Strider" part has yet to be seen, and most of the demos are more than 100 MB. They're all in Bink format, which is somewhat annoying, because they're all locked at 30 fps.

Ah well. Here, check out www.gametrailers.com for them. Fast download speeds as well.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

SearanoX: I've seen all the Bink videos, but they're not the same as the footage I viewed at the Valve demo. It was very impressive, roll on April (assuming that is the new release date).

**Update** Apparently Half-Life 2 will be released on the 24/02/2004.

You think the Bink Video's are good, Playing it is even better!

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    **Update** Apparently Half-Life 2 will be released on the 24/02/2004.
    sweet! glad to hear an actuall date. Just have to sit back and wait now :)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information