Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo PC

A little choppy, but in the same places as the XBOX version.
    Graphics look a bit nicer. Levels (that I've played) look the same as the XBOX version.:thumb:
    SPAM Special Ops

<center>Halo PC Offically In Stores Today
    Gamers Around the World Celebrate the Triumphant Debut of Master Chief on Windows
    </center>

Microsoft Game Studios, Bungie Studios and Gearbox Software today announced that Halo for Windows is available at retailers across the United States. "Optimized for the Windows platform and leveraging the power of Microsoft DirectX 9.0 application programming interface, Halo enables gamers across the globe to live the incredible sci-fi epic adventure that elevated the original Halo for the Xbox video game system into gaming legend status."

GH

Halo v1.01 patch

The game has just been released and here already is the first patch for Halo: Combat Evolved, bringing this sci-fi action shooter by Gearbox and Bungie to v1.01. No details are currently available about the changes it brings.

Download patch (3.6Mb)

GH

gonna want the patch..........now the game, kewl...........:thumb: :shoot3:
    omfg...............boy, is this a good game...............i mean, i played it on the box, but it didn't thrill me but now, i can't put it down..................some of the maps are big enough and real purty..........but if this thing gets modded, look out :thumb:

Halo v1.02 patch (Client)

As expected (story), Gearbox has released a new update for Halo: Combat Evolved, bringing this sci-fi action shooter to v1.02, in sync with the new dedicated server. No details are currently available about the changes it brings.

Download patch (3.8Mb)

GH

Halo trial

In the trial version, you can experience both single and multiplayer gameplay, including limited vehicle combat. In the single player campaign level The Silent Cartographer, you assume the role of super-soldier Master Chief as you take on the fierce alien faction known as the Covenant. In the multiplayer map Blood Gulch, up to 16 human opponents can light each other up with devastating weaponry and combat vehicles, including the new Rocket Warthog and the Banshee, either online or via LAN connection.

Halo trial version / single-multiplayer demo (131Mb)

GH

some of the mapping capabilities haven't been fully utilized, a modding tool, and this thing could take off

Benchmarking With Halo PC

Maybe it happened two years later than it should have, but Halo finally landed on the PC and boy is it a hardware hog. For a port taken from a console system with a 733MHz CPU, 64 megs of shared RAM, and a graphics chip somewhere between a GeForce 3 and 4, Halo sure does run slowly at times, even on the strongest PC.

When Microsoft acquired Bungie, and the hotly anticipated PC and Mac game Halo became an Xbox launch title, the whole thing got reworked from scratch. Gone was the huge multiplayer-focused, seamless-world shooter Bungie had been working on, as the game morphed into a level-based, plot-oriented single player shooter. The engine was greatly overhauled, lots of artwork was rebuilt, and level designs became more traditional. Since time was short and the Xbox hardware was sort of nebulous during much of the remaining development time, the code was kind of ugly. This, along with the inherent differences between the Xbox and a PC (unified memory architecture and such), is probably why, even on a fast PC and killer video card, the game can slow to a crawl during heavy firefights.

Still, it's a demanding modern shooter that uses plenty of shaders, so it makes for a good performance test. We'll show you how we benchmark with Halo, change around a few parameters, and describe a bit of what's going on under the hood.

Read article

ExtremeTech

Well it sure slaps the sass outta my 2600+ / Ti4200 / 512Mb

1024 everythinged maxed and it runs decent..
    Higher res? yeah right.. LOL

Nvidia and ATI have speed optimizations for this game in their newest drivers.

I am seeing a pattern though, most of the people that report problems running this game are using AMD systems.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information