Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UT2004

Yeah me too, should be good
    :thumb:

Yeah, I want this really, really badly, but there are too many people downloading right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get through today.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys have to play The onslaught map, it is the best fun I have ever had, its amazing. Greatest demo of the year, hands down.

Argh...I can't get it...do you have a good mirror?

And also, it'd be nice to hear how it runs...better, worse, or the same as 2003?

It runs amazing for a beta demo, it runs just as good, if not better thatn 2003, considering the newer textures, and the sizes of the levels/effects.

This is a vast improvement over UT2003, even though at first it seems not much has changed. It is basically a good evolution of the original UT (which UT2003 was NOT). It's worth downloading the demo, it's fun :thumb:

Also looking forward to when they implement this version of the Unreal engine in America's Army...complete with vehicles :)

Things are going very nicely indeed. While I don't like the fact that the performance seems a bit slow at times and that the graphics quality has been reduced to keep the download smaller, it's still quite a bit of fun...although I much prefer the old versions of the Shock Rifle and Pulse Rifle.

Master Server Problems
    There are a few issues with Epic's master servers (some of which have to do with a routing problem which isn't Epic's fault), so some of you playing the UT2004 demo may not be able to browse server lists at the moment. If you're having problems with the in-game browser, you should still be able to play through GameSpy Arcade.
    -planetunreal.com

This would explain why I can't play online right now :tears: (not installing gamespy arcade... no way, no how :yuc: )
    At least it gave me a chance to test out the bot action. They can be a bit predictable at times, but very sneaky and random at others, but it's still an enjoyable experience until the master server is back up :)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

"Foxtrot, Cover Me!" - Talk to your UT2004 bots!

I've posted a short article here on BeyondUnreal with details of how to enable the UT2004 demo's voice recognition feature, a feature that's not fully functional in the demo to begin with.
    Speech Recognition is a feature that allows you to communicate with your bots, and give them orders using your voice (and a mic, of course). However, this feature is not functional by default in the demo version of UT2004. Here's a run-down of what you'll need to do to get it working in the UT2004 demo. Thanks to Sir_Brizz for providing some of this information on our forums.
    It's pretty simple to get this set-up, and nothing's cooler than being able to order your bots around with your voice! Read the article for details of just what you need to do.

Beyond Unreal

Atari Press Release:

<center>Atari and Epic Games' Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo becomes one of the most popular game downloads of all time; posts more than 1.5 million downloads worldwide in fist week

-- Surpasses Groundbreaking Download Rate of Unreal Tournament 2003 --</center>

LOS ANGELES – Feb. 20, 2004 – Gamers worldwide have made the trial version of Unreal® Tournament 2004 one of the most popular game demo downloads of all time, with more than 1.5 million downloads in the first week of availability. The demo first hit the Internet on Wednesday, February 11, and was distributed on a worldwide scale.

Fans can download the demo directly from www.unrealtournament.com or choose from a list of mirror servers found on the Web site. The full version of Unreal Tournament 2004 is expected to be available at retail in March; pre-orders are now available at all major game sales outlets.

According to statistics tracked by Web sites offering the demo, more than 1.5 million users accessed the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo in the last week alone. Graphics card maker, NVIDIA®, which hosts the demo on its own “nZone” gaming portal, reports that more than 140,000 gamers have downloaded the demo from their server. FilePlanet.com, one of the most popular online video game download destinations, reported more than 110,000 downloads, making the Unreal Tournament 2004 download one of the fastest demo downloads to reach 100,000 in the site’s history. On most gaming sites offering the download, the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo is maintaining its position as the top download.

“Fan reaction has been over-the-top, demonstrating that the Unreal Tournament franchise is still the King of the Hill for online multiplayer games,” said Peter Wyse, executive producer at Atari. “Epic’s excellent work at reinventing its own masterpiece continues to impress gamers worldwide. The introduction of Onslaught mode, the reemergence of Assault mode and the all-new vehicles in Unreal Tournament 2004 have created exactly what action fans have been waiting for – the definitive multiplayer experience on PC!”

you can read the rest of it [here]
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information